On 25.09.2017 12:57, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hello,

Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote on 2017-08-16 at 12:12:
I have continued working with Kiwi IRC's lead developer. I brought up the topic of KDE and showed him their Etherpad, which listed all sorts of requirements and nice-to-haves for a messaging solution. In response, he said he is willing to work with KDE and LibreOffice to build a platform that we can be happy with.

this is an important topic and I have not forgotten about it - just
the time upfront LibOCon keeps us quite busy. ;-)

That being said, are you at LibOCon, so we could talk there in person maybe?

Florian

Sure.

Some weeks ago there was this nice bit of news about Konversation: https://blogs.kde.org/2017/09/05/konversation-2x-2018-new-user-interface-matrix-support-mobile-version

I just discussed with the Kiwi IRC dev and I decided I will replace the qwebirc links in our wiki and site with the /nextclient/ link tomorrow. Full roll out of the next gen version to the /client/ URL is pending some translations and /nextclient/ will never stop working in any case. It is possible for us to the get a custom landing page and background image for the webchat. We can discuss this at the conf.

Best,
Ilmari