On 09.08.2017 14:17, Mike Saunders wrote:
Hi,

I'm all open for making access easier, have a better web IRC

Do you think it's worth hosting our own web IRC front-ends? Currently we
point people to Freenode's webchat, eg

https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#tdf-infra

But if we host ourselves, we could add TDF/LO themeing, extra help, and
make the interface more welcoming for newbies to IRC.

Just a thought...

Mike

Kiwi IRC rewrite will go stable in a couple of weeks. I intend to change our links to point to it. It is much nicer than the dated qwebirc interface. For now, you can try the new version like so (add and remove channels at will):
https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/#irc://irc.freenode.net/libreoffice-qa,libreoffice-design,libreoffice-dev,libreoffice-doc,tdf-infra

Hosting our own, we could set up persistent history. A history solution for Kiwi IRC is currently in development. Kiwi IRC also has a theme builder functionality for CSS-only changes: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient-themebuilder

Incidentally, KDE is having a similar discussion: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q3/003664.html (warning: massive thread, you might spend your whole day..)

Ilmari