Splitting off logerrit on its own

I am writing this email to propose splitting off the logerrit bash file from
the core code of the LibreOffice product.

To be sure I'm explaining well, logerrit is a bash script that can be used
to aid the process of submitting patches to Gerrit and also reviewing them.

As one can see by visiting the Projects List on Gerrit, Gerrit is not used
only to develop LibreOffice only. It is also used for a number of other
projects which although smaller, might still have people interested in
participating to their development.

However, at this time, as far as I know, the only way to get the logerrit
script is by taking it from the core repo. My very limited knowledge does
not show me a way how I can take that code from the repo without cloning the
core repo, apart from copy-pasting.

My proposal is that this script is taken out of the repo and put in a repo
by itself. At the same time, I propose that the specific parts relating to
the core repo (URLs for example) be changed to a sort of settings which can
be set by the user (or automatically) depending on the repo the user is
working on. Of course, after splitting, the code should still be publicised
in a way to be visible to the biggest number of people but I think that can
be done by updating the Wiki and the other instructions.

Even if I don't use it, I learnt how to submit the Gerrit patches by reading
that script when I got stuck. Again, those interested in participating will
be more knowledgeable than me but still I think my proposal lowers the
barrier of entry which could be caused by lack of knowledge and experience.
Even if one knows perfectly how to work without logerrit, it still can be
convenient to use.

Thank you for reading and sorry if I missed something.