On 31.07.2017 23:58, Toki wrote:
On 07/31/2017 12:25 PM, ilmari.lauhakangas wrote:

the closed-source chat platform Telegram becomes an official channel for team coordination.

Source code is at https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop

Where it states «The source code is published under GPLv3 with OpenSSL
exception, the license is available here.»
The "here" links to
https://github.com/telegramdesktop/tdesktop/blob/dev/LICENSE, which
contains the text of the GNU GPL 3.0

As such, I don't understand how it can be accused of being "closed source".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegram_(messaging_service)

"Its client-side code is open-source software but contains binary blobs, and the source code for recent versions is not always immediately published, whereas its server-side code is closed-source and proprietary."