Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot

Hi,

Xisco Fauli 於 2017年04月27日 05:35 寫道:
> Hi,
>
> out of curiosity, does it need to be an animal ? Thinking in a plausible
> name for the mascot, I came with the name 'Libro' which means book in
> spanish, and maybe in some other latin languages too, and these are the
> results of searching book + mascot in google in case it helps for
> inspiration:
> https://www.google.es/search?q=libro&client=ubuntu&hs=EzW&channel=fs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjoi_Lqh8PTAhXJlxoKHadDDvsQ_AUIBigB&biw=1301&bih=641#channel=fs&tbm=isch&q=book+mascot
>
> Regards

Here I'd like to share my experiences.

We have a Linux distribution derived from Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu named
"ezgo", whose target is to promote many good FOSS (including educational
ones like kalzium, GCompris; and multimedia related like Inkscape, Gimp,
Krita, blender; and of course LibreOffice) and public domain resources
like PhET to "Muggles", i.e., people who have no idea about what FOSS is.

A simple introduction to ezgo is here:

https://dot.kde.org/2013/10/02/ezgo-free-and-open-source-software-taiwans-schools
.

The latest version of ezgo is now 13.

Since maybe 2013 or 2014 I'd also like to create a mascot for ezgo.
Actually I've tried it for years but couldn't get good ideas and I'm not
good at drawing either (not to mention digital design). Then last year
I ask for professional help from an artist, who is also promoting
digital art using open source tools and open format. Here is his final
work:

http://imgur.com/4yAMLWg

"MOE Giant", ("moe" means "cute" in Japanese, also the abbreviation of
"Ministry of Education"), which is "composed of many different parts,
which means many people's contribution". The Giant means the whole free
software world (so we are standing on the Giant's shoulder). The design
progress is here:

https://youtu.be/Y7971NUBV2Q

What I'd like to say is that, maybe we need some professional designer's
suggestions, who can understand our core spirit. It's a bit like
designing a corporation identification system though the range is much
smaller, but professional suggestions should help a lot I think.

And of course I paid the designer for the MOE Giant. :-)

Regards,
Franklin