[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot
- From: Stefan Weiberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:26:36 +0200
- To: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>, LibO Marketing <firstname.lastname@example.org>, LibO Design <email@example.com>, LibO Project <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: TDF BoD <email@example.com>
To put my two cents in.
The dragonfly is already used by DragonFly BSD and Opera Dragonfly.
On 26/04/17 10:57, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Since today is world penguin day  some journals reported about Tux,
> which is a good reminder to keep our discussion boiling with the
> reference how Linux found its mascot . To summarize the discussion
> I created a pad . Anything to add?
>  https://www.awarenessdays.co.uk/awareness-days-calendar/world-penguin-day-2017/
>  http://www.gregroelofs.com/greg_lnxpeng.html
>  https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/UX-mascot
> 2017-03-31 9:51 GMT+02:00 Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> Hello all,
>> additional to the unique branding of LibreOffice today, we want to introduce an alternative to TDF's trademarked logo/icon elements that can be used by the community with minimal restrictions: a mascot.
>> The idea is similar to "Duke" from Java (https://kenai.com/projects/duke/pages/Home), SuSE's chameleon "Geeko", Mozilla has a lizard/godzilla/tyrannosaurus, Linux' "Tux" is famous, KDE is going with the dragon "Konqi" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konqi) and Krita has "Kiki" (https://krita.org/en/kiki/).
>> The first step would be to find some metaphors that enables designs to be creative. Something like Freedom, Documents, Openness etc. Ideas for the realization are of course also welcome. The mascot could be an animal like a (grumpy old) cat to refer to the seven lives of LibreOffice or something more symbolic.
>> Based on your input we would later start the actual design task, and ideally have a few options where the community can choose the best.
>> Dr. Heiko Tietze
>> UX Designer
>> Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509
Primary PGP Key (4096 RSA):
Key ID: 9F73 1A0A
Fingerprint: 0C67 F721 D7FF 0D9C 13FA 10FD 8141 BA2B 9F73 1A0A
Public Key can be exported from pgp.mit.edu, keyserver.ubuntu.com and
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot||Taylor Jenkins <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot||Tom Davies <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-projects] LibreOffice Mascot||Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot||Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-projects] Re: LibreOffice Mascot