[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-projects] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2017-Mar-23
- Subject: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2017-Mar-23
- From: Heiko Tietze <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 13:22:25 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
+++++++ MEETING TIME NEXT WEEK IS 12:00 GMT+1 DST / 10am UTC +++++++
Present: Eric, Thibaut, Tomaz, Heiko
* New meeting time as DST begins?
+ Keep 12:00 Berlin time so new UTC is 10am
* Results from user survey (Eric Ficheux)
+ Improvements asked by users (mostly asked are 1st) version at time of survey: 4.4
+ Better print and page layout setup
+ Less crashes
+ Better MSO compatibility especially Impress
+ Pivot tables (persistant custom cell formats)
+ Bullets & Numbering
+ Photos and pictures management
+ Load/Save speed on big files
+ General UX design and usability
+ Macro editor improvements
+ More/Easier layout options in diagrams
+ Online and embedded help improvement
+ Lossless copy between LibreOffice modules
+ Better link with business software
+ Sorting and Autofilters
+ « REAL » cut/paste in Calc (actually removing the cut line)
+ Emailing without SMTP
+ Clone tool "full clone by default"
+ Keyboard shortcuts like MSO
+ New page / new section (especially when switching page format)
* Prototyping tool
* We want to use a tool where different people/groups can easily cooperate
* Do we want to use closed-software (which is today much better)?
+ http://balsamiq.com/ (used for most of the mockups so far)
+ https://www.justinmind.com/ (got in contact with the company and they offer good conditions)
+ http://draw.io/ (?)
+ LibreOffice Draw (Eat own dog food)
* Handling of Sifr
+ Heiko: "I wonder who is in charge of https://github.com/libodesign as
there was a related problem with tdf#106284. Guess it is an abandoned idea."
+ Kendy: "Yeah, the separate git repo did not work out, we ended up working
directly in the core.git (which is a plus I think)"
+ Tomaz: "we don't have those icons in core.git"
+ Heiko: "Meaning we have to merge them?"
+ Tomaz: "well there are more things to do - talk about how to store the icons
- currently sifr is in big svg sheets (multiple icons per sheet), so ideally
they should be 1 icon per svg - same as breeze if designers don't want that
OK - we can store those svg sheets too, but we need to start building sifr_svg set
which needs to be 1 icon per svg. I'm a bit dissapointed that new sifr icons have
been added without svg variant"
* Moving is simple but maintainer would be needed; put also svg into the repo (Tomaz)
=> Jay, could you get in contact with the author?
* Make LibreOffice design unique (Thibaut)
+ Right now we adopt the design to the system which has flaws,
especially on dark themes https://imgur.com/a/RtFOD
+ Usually programs do have a clear branding so the suggestion is to have
one default design and one default icon theme
+ This was likely decided intentionally (Heiko)
+ Issues should be filed as bugs (Tomaz)
=> File an enhancement request and let's run the discussion on Bugzilla (Heiko)
* Major release update
+ better than hiring a designer we should do the design with an open source community
* Request about blurry shadows
+ reply on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q20gfoikNic0zi10_SkZuTr2zlp4XRkfrnlv7tK2Ins
* New default color palette
+ survey done, analyzed and comment included into the final layout
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-projects] https://pad.documentfoundation.org migration, Sat Mar 25 00:00 UTC
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-projects] https://pad.documentfoundation.org migration, Sat Mar 25 00:00 UTC
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-projects] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2017-Mar-30