+ Sophie, Lionel, Robinson, Armin, Jan I, Stephan, Olivier, Miklos,
Eike, Heiko, Thorsten, Michael M, Christian. Caolán, Michael S,
* Completed Action Items:
+ come back with Calc / maintenance proposal (Michael)
+ E-mail GSoC students: encourage to come to LibOCon, CC mentors (Thorsten)
[ in action right now ]
+ sent GSOC list to Sophie to check registrations (jani)
+ connect Cloph + Norbert wrt. Mac & Windows machines for base (Lionel/Norbert/Cloph)
[ account creation for Windows done; Mac still pending sending mail (Cloph) ]
* Pending Action Items:
+ investigate a cron job that queries & auto-merges (Norbert)
[ ongoing discussion ? ]
+ tweak UI and get LiveConnect API key / build case for board (Christian)
+ attempt to re-build a recent gstreamer 1.0 / core spec file
on our CentOS6 base (tdf#94508) (Christian)
* Release Engineering update (Christian)
+ 5.2.0 RC2
+ tagged yesterday
+ all builds except Win32 already up-loaded
+ Win32 just completed & will be up-loaded
+ Markus fixed the XP compatibiltiy (thanks)
+ libreoffice 5-2-0 branch
+ ensure you cherry-pick fixes to the branch
+ double review needed at this stage
+ when was it created ? (Stephan)
+ right before tagging; very early this morning (Cloph)
+ 12 patches on -5-2 branch not in -5-2-0 (Bjoern)
+ do we need to re-file ?
+ didn't review or pick changes in queue (Cloph)
+ just the XP ones.
+ please do take care of that.
+ please review your patches & target branches v.s 5-2
+ 5.1.5 rc1 : July 12th next week.
+ Android & iOS Remote
+ fixed the crashes on startup
+ builds prepared, but not up-loaded yet
+ want to test on actual devices first.
* tinderbox build up-loads (Michael/Robinson)
+ Two problems (Cloph)
+ packaging code missing a ';'
+ tests for some bugs failing without cleartype enabled
+ RDP connections - not working - now disabled.
+ patch here still in gerrit (Miklos)
+ patch is workaround for non-cleartype pixel counts
+ nice XML dump for text positioning is real fix (Thorsten)
+ perl send-email not working for a while (Thorsten)
+ google/SSL changes - builds not notifying.
+ Daily Mac builds? (Robinson)
+ only working with enable-debug configuration.
+ crashes without that; updated machine with el-Capitan
+ for master, but 5.2
+ without daily tinderbox / mac builds until we fix master crashes.
+ release builds are built on release base-line & not affected.
* Documentation (Olivier)
+ delivered chapter on 5.1 Draw.
+ last chapter that is missing is Impress - with a volunteer.
+ community stimulation
+ local teams, more active than English speaking community.
+ trying to get some ideas & actions of how to encourage
English speaking communities.
+ isn't it expected that devs write documentation ? (Heiko)
+ hard for devs to write docs (Olivier)
+ quite a gap here.
+ advice to give students workign on UI ?
+ producing bullet points of changes ?
+ been raised before (Olivier)
+ good to encourage students to document this stuff
+ one page on this helps; how to work with it etc.
+ can take & transform to a help page.
+ functions & featrues in calc - no line about them.
+ blog entries great - but any data is good.
+ blogs help qA & l10n too (Sophie)
+ filed a bug to add help menu entries
Added request for additional info to make it a valid EasyHack (jani)
* GSoC 2016 (Thorsten)
+ Next deadline is August 23rd for final evaluation.
+ poke & ask/encourage students to submit & register for LibOCon
+ particularly for foreign students.
=> will be re-imbursed up to Eur 1k each, for more ask mentor.
+ concern wrt. students returning to university at end of month
+ be aware & work with them etc.
+ reminder - blogging at a minimum helps docs / QA teams etc.
* Suggested plan for OpenCL in Calc, going ahead (Michael)
+ talked with several Calc guys: Markus, Kohei, Eike etc.
+ help->about details implemented [ good idea ]
+ existing S/W performance unit tests improved [ ongoing ]
+ meeting concerns:
+ pre-qualify OpenCL driver before its use (ideally 1st ever start)
+ move and improve tests -> before first use [ in progress ]
+ have a small, simple spreadsheet: easy to add new tests.
+ disable CL if any problems found.
+ [ also include 'OpenCLZone' early crash / disabler ]
+ ongoing Calc maintenance
+ investing more here; driven by calc guys but plans are:
+ further MDDS corner-case / performance work & debuggability
+ continuing to cleanup formula & acceleration work
+ OpenCL kernel simplification
+ white & black-list improvement / download / sign (?)
+ could we use the new-driver / test-document for this ?
+ get CL pre-validation into 5.2.0.x & 188.8.131.52
+ leave defaults as is.
+ re-visit in six months.
+ in general: sounds good (Eike)
+ not fond of adding into 5.1.5 - just one release to fix it.
+ rather switch default for 5.1.5
+ important for us to keep it on (Michael)
+ if it goes wrong - need to commit to fixing it asap (Eike)
+ weeks after RC2 - fixing things in not much time.
+ of ~90 calc patches in - 5.1.x - 12 are us fixing this stuff (Michael)
+ so there is maintenance ongoing.
+ perhaps better to decide when we have the startup / test code (Thorsten)
+ general question: would you trust your business to it ?
+ tests run every time ?
+ just first time when drivers change (Michael)
+ make it an easy-to-tweak spreadsheet
+ re-visit next week -> check with the calc guys.
=> get this into gerrit for review and see what we can do pre-release (Michael)
+ no veto so far (Thorsten, Eike)
* UX Update (Heiko)
+ Proposal to improve layers and object selection in Draw by pushing the navigator
+ issues and enhancement requests around dealing with layers & object selection:
+ early stage hpowever, comments welcome
+ would like to discuss with UX team
+ will run for a few weeks; discuss & -> whiteboard & blog-posts
+ and then get feedback -> pushing to next year's GSOC (?)
+ two stage feedback process.
* Crashtest update (Caolan)
+ 0 import failures, 2 export failure, coverity out for a while
+ and with a refreshed bug database / set.
+ up to date with Monday's issues.
+ coverity - now on F24 - doesn't work there
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
+ next hackfests: nothing confirmed yet.
+ Hamburg Home-hacking setup (Bjoern)
[ just sent out an E-mail; perhaps in 2 weeks ? ]
+ next venues / suggestions
+ Chaos event - good for outreach; at the same time as Munich.
+ Infra Meetup: July 24th to 30th, close to Munich (kaufbeuren)
+ Akademy / FSFE summit - in the week before LibOCon ? (Thorsten)
+ more suggestions welcome
+ Autumn / week-long Home-Hacking in Hamburg with students? (Bjoern)-
+ advertise at university ? C++ training ? etc.
* LibreOffice Conference in Brno - CfP open (Sophie)
+ Kendy & Thorsten on program committee:
+ deadline is mid July.
=> think what to submit / chase people ...
+ travelling to Brno -> fly to Prague / Vienna unlikely to go direct
(BMI has a flight from Münich, others from London).
* Mentoring/easyhack update (janI)
+ legend: contributors are not-yet-committers, numbers in () are +/- compared to last week
17045(-98) commits in a year of which 8300(-110) were made directly, without use of gerrit
294(-1) people made commits in a year, 65(-2) in a month. 51(4) people to be emailed
+ gerrit: committer open 71(9) contributor open 51(8)
updated merged abandoned updated merged abandoned
year: 71(9) 7286(16) 583(16) 51(8) 1459(-4) 472(0)
month: 71(10) 729(-89) 58(15) 51(8) 184(-4) 32(-1)
week: 42(2) 137(-16) 23(7) 34(15) 26(-21) 6( 1)
total 249(20) open 213(9) assigned 16(1)
needinfo 19(9) needsDevEval 472(1) needsUXEval 144(32)
missing cleanup due to many comments 197(13)
+ top 5 contributors (based on merged patches last month):
Zdenek Crhonek got 64 patches merged, and have a total of 83 merged patches
Muhammet Kara got 25 patches merged, and have a total of 45 merged patches
Mark Page got 12 patches merged, and have a total of 17 merged patches
krishna keshav got 9 patches merged, and have a total of 16 merged patches
Susobhan Ghosh got 9 patches merged, and have a total of 12 merged patches
+ new easyHacks:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100719 mentor:dennisroczek -> "HELPWIKI
span, div, ol and ul tags needs to be "nowikied""
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100726 mentor:muhammet.kara -> "Improve
readability of OUString concatanations"
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100760 mentor:dcb314 ->
"core/vcl/source/control/tabctrl.cxx:1202]: (style) Redundant condition"
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100782 mentor:Katarina.Behrens -> "Have
XPropertyList and its derivatives hold smart pointers"
+ create your own by updating Keywords to eg. "easyHack, difficultyBeginner, skillCpp,
+ please remember, a codepointer is mandatory, and typically a look from an experienced developer
+ create new easy hacks from these ones or remove "needsDevEval" if not feasible):
+ Abandoning patches due to lack of review, so proposal:
+ have been doing this over a period.
+ When a contributor patch is more than 3 weeks old, has no negative comments
from reviewers/jenkins and the code looks good, then I merge it
+ will review, even though not an expert in this part.
+ against breaking things (Eike)
+ often takes 2-3 weeks to get to patch reviews.
+ not seen any calc ones - good reviews from Markus & others (JanI)
+ some things easy to judge; some not.
+ alternative - loose contributors - left hanging.
+ negative reviews (Stephan)
+ includes those comments that are negative - but not including -1
+ all the comments are read (JanI)
+ these guys have no comments at all
+ try to guess who is the relevant developer who can do a proper review ? (Miklos)
+ do it every morning, try to assign reviewers.
+ nothing has > 24 hours without a reviewer.
+ many areas where no active maintainer (Miklos)
+ like to restrict it to areas where there are fewer reviewers (Michael)
+ throw people into maintaining by breaking it (Bjoern)
+ fine with it (Stephan)
=> consensus: let JanI get on with it as above
+ summer time, not many new people
+ a steady set of contributors working towards commitaccess.
+ starting to add code pointers to NEEDINFO, but do need help, suggestions ?
+ have added some to help people.
* Commit Access
* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
=> timeout for 8 weeks.
* Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)
+ missing him.
* l10n (Sophie)
+ lots of work, busy chasing 5.2
+ lots of help file changes.
* Screenshot branch (Thorsten)
+ dialog screenshots branch
+ works on Windows & Linux
+ adds things to subsequenttests.
+ sounds cool: overview ? (Michael)
+ TDF tender from ESC, done by CIB.
+ being able to open every dialog, take a screenshot & put it into the help.
+ also able to auto-update the help after that.
+ some dialogs need lots of context.
+ in the subesquenttests - now opens quite some dialogs
+ Bubli fixed a number of problems; Caolan helped out too.
+ Older mockup is here (Heiko)
* QA update (Robinson)
+ stats reasonably constant - slightly down.
+ UNCONFIRMED: 629
+ enhancements: 60
+ in ux-advise: 27
+ needAdvice at 55
+ Most Pressing Bugs:
+ tdf#100295 - LibODev-184.108.40.206.b2 does not run in Windows_XP (32 or 64 bit)
+ fixed by Markus (awesome)
+ tdf#92516 - "x" accelerator and mouse click not exiting StartCenter
in "File -> Exit LibreOffice" menu on Windows.
+ Continue to see dupe reports; an annoyance
+ tdf#100458 - Data loss on loading Calc document with hidden 0 (Jan-Marek)
+ LHM has a lot of documents with this kind of formating
+ Proposed patch: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26435/
+ reviewed by Markus:
still not confident in the patch.
+ Mail merge regressions (Bjoern)
+ http://tdf.io/mmregressions (7 open; 7 open last meeting)
+ Couple of Mac issues: will retest with master builds when available
* QA stats
+103 -104 (-1 overall)
many thanks to the top bug squashers:
Samuel Mehrbrodt 14
Julien Nabet 9
Joel Madero 6
V Stuart Foote 6
Laurent BP 6
Caolán McNamara 6
Eike Rathke 5
Heiko Tietze 5
Bartosz Kosiorek 5
Adolfo Jayme 4
Winfried Donkers 4
Alex Thurgood 3
Cor Nouws 3
Justin L 2
* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
5.2: 4/16 - 25% -1
5.1: 2/29 - 6% +0
5.0: 7/53 - 13% +0
4.4: 7/73 - 9% +0
4.3: 5/68 - 7% +0
4.2: 8/133 - 6% +0
4.1: 4/79 - 5% +0
4.0: 10/82 - 12% +0
old: 34/248 - 13% +0
* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibisected'
+ 359/1378 362/1374 364/1371 367/1371 365/1363 369/1361 366/1354
* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
+ 724(-5)) bugs open of 5015(+9) total 12(+1) high prio.
* ~Component count net * high severity regressions
Calc - 5 (+1)
Writer - 4 (+0)
Impress - 1 (+0)
Base - 1 (+0)
LibreOffice - 1 (+0)
* ~Component count net * all regressions
Writer - 225 (+1)
Calc - 138 (-0)
Impress - 58 (-1)
LibreOffice - 46 (+0)
graphics stack - 38 (+0)
UI - 36 (-1)
Borders - 32 (+0)
Base - 32 (+0)
Crashes - 29 (-4)
Draw - 27 (+0)
filters and storage - 22 (+0)
Chart - 15 (+0)
BASIC - 14 (+0)
Printing and PDF export- 11 (+0)
Formula Editor - 5 (+0)
Linguistic - 4 (+0)
Extensions - 3 (+0)
framework - 3 (+0)
Installation - 3 (+0)
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ... · Michael Meeks
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy