community budget proposals

Hello,

those who attended the last board call are probably aware that the board is currently finalizing the budget for the next months, to plan until the end of 2016.

In February, we have asked you for proposals on items to fund, [1] to build buckets or pools out of that.

We have received many good ideas and proposals, and would like to thank you very much for your initiative and sending them in! The board is right now working on evaluating the proposals and coming up with a budget for 2016, so we can give feedback on the available funds and proposals soon.

Here's a list of proposals we have received, slightly redacted wrt. possible tenders and their sums. Please note that this is *not* an approval of the expenses - the board currently works on the budget, and the final decision will be published soon. We try to meet as many requirements as possible. As soon as there is a final decision, we will share it with the community.

==
Vietnamese community

- T-Shirts 300,00 €
- ODF Stickers 29,00 €
- LibreOffice Stickers 29,00 €
- Brochures vi 83,00 €
- Brochures en 83,00 €

German community

- 2 meetings for work in educational sector 3 000,00 €
- Linux event 900,00 €
- 2 community events 5 000,00 €
- Open Rhein Ruhr (travel) 500,00 €
- Linux events (travel) 500,00 €
- FrOSCon et al. (travel) 500,00 €
- 2 Information events at education ministries and schools 2 000,00 €
- marketing material 1 000,00 €
- DVD as giveaway 1 500,00 €
- Roadshow 10 000,00 €

Italian community

- LibreItalia Conference Early October in Turin or Aosta 3 000,00 €
- Community Event Bolzano/Bozen Bolzano/Bozen, 12/13 novembre (immediately after the SFScon) 3 000,00 €
- Local Events Guarantee LibreOffice presence in local events in Italy 3 000,00 €
- School Program Support for volunteers organizing events in schools to present and teach LibreOffice 2 000,00 €
- participation in OSCAL Tirana (May 14/15) 500,00 €

Design community

- LibO 6 Marketing concept A new design / marketing concept Libo 6 (sum redacted as it might be tendered)
- Revision branding for Design (sum redacted as it might be tendered)
- Logo / Marketing TDF New logo design for TDF including banners, flyers, stickers etc. (sum redacted as it might be tendered)
- Improvements in the Carlito / Caladea / ... fonts (sum redacted as it might be tendered)
- Hardware for UX metrics VM 1 000,00 €
- Some travels to UX-related event(s) 2 000,00 €
- Some new templates, t-shirt prizes for that 200,00 €

Engineering Steering Committee

- Las Palmas 1 000,00 €
- Turkey 2 000,00 €
- Hamburg 500,00 €
- Spain ? 1 000,00 €
- US/Boston 1 000,00 €
- Foss Asia 1 500,00 €
- DLP 1 000,00 €
- Gerrit conf 1 000,00 €
- speaker booth/swag 500,00 €
- Hardware 3 000,00 €
- "kill scp2" tender (sum redacted as it might be tendered)

Egypt community

- attendance at GITEX technology week to show LibreOffice to Arabic speaking world closely 7 178,00 €
- attendance at CairoICT trade fair to show LibreOffice to more Egyptian audience 1 794,00 €
- dedicated server at Cairo University for mirroring LibreOffice and other open source software 897,00 €

US community

- attendance at Community Leadership Summit
- Open Source Convention - O'Reilly OSCON 2016 – May 16 to May 19
(Austin Convention Center, Austin, TX, U.S.A.).
To show LibreOffice to user groups within the Open source community
managers group and to user groups within attendees at OSCON 2016.
- €276 ($300) OSCON Exhibitor booth costs,
- €414 ($450) travel,
- €919 ($1000) hotel accommodations from May 13th to 19tth
- €300 ($326) for collaterals,
Totaling to €2076

Marketing community

- Printing flyers for events 3 000,00 €
- Stickers 3 000,00 €
- Travel expenses 10 000,00 €
- Annual report 1 000,00 €
- Scoop.IT 500,00 €
- Logo design (sum redacted as it might be tendered)

Taiwan community

- Open Source Conference Hong Kong: in the bottom of June 400,00 €
- OpenSUSE Conference in Indonesia 500,00 €

Dutch community

- one event for cooperation and discussing wishes and
improvements 900,00 €
- Attending HCC consumer fair 900 €
- Attending Jaarbeurs Utrecht Fair (Infosecurity/Tooling/..) with only
professional audience 5 750,00 €

Albanian community

- OSCAL’16 600,00 €
- Promotion & Partnership 600,00 €
- L10N Sprints 400,00 €
- Community space maintainance 540,00 €

Documentation community

- Tender to create web service to edit .xhp files online (sum redacted as it might be tendered)

Turkish community

- LibreOffice Sticker 200,00 €
- T-shirt 1 500,00 €
- ODF Sticker 200,00 €
- LibreOffice Event 2 000,00 € (We want to organize a local LibreOffice event for one day at the end of the May.)

Indian community

- 15 Pan India level awarenes events 3 000,00 €
- Miscellaneous – T-Shirt+Swags+Goodies 1 500,00 €
- LibreOffice Developer Meetup 3 000,00 €
- LibreOffice community Meet with FUEL GILT annual conference 2016 2 500,00 €

Brazilian community

- FISL - July 1 000,00 €
- Latinoware+ Missiones (oct-nov) 1 500,00 €
- National Meeting (Nov) 3 000,00 €

Travel support for LibreOffice Conference will be factored in separately.

If you spot an error or if your proposal did not make it onto the list, please let us know as soon as possible.

Again, the above is the list of proposals we have received, *not* a list of approvals yet. The board currently is deciding on items to fund, and will then get back to the community with the results in time.

Thanks again for all your contributions, your dedication and your amazing feedback - we're looking forward to making possible many of the ideas!

Florian

[1] http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/msg01905.html