+ Cloph, Sophie, Stephan, Jan-Marek, JanI, Michael M, Miklos, Andras,
Caolan, Bjoern, Lionel, Bubli, Armin, Michael S, Kendy, Eike, Robinson, Thorsten
* Completed Action Items:
+ UserAgent - drop bundled-languages (Michael)
+ UserAgent - produce a patch for review (Michael)
+ disable openGL by default for 5.0.4 (Cloph)
+ run the sw renaming script just before branch-off (Robinson)
[ needed a fix to a test document, accidentally touched,
kendy fixed for the future ]
+ improve new contributors Wiki, write blogpost, promote git-review etc. (JanI)
[ v. open-ended: in-progress ]
+ setup FOSDEM Hackfest wiki page with dates (Samuel stole this AI ;) )
[ https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/FOSDEM2016 ]
* Pending Action Items:
+ come up with a proposal for "abandoned" / "insufficient data"
resolution in the bug-flow graph (Robinson)
[ lively discussion, following up, decision by the end of the week ]
+ book FOSDEM conf. room for board meeting (Florian)
[ perhaps after not before to avoid hackfest conflict ]
+ list of developers who havn't contributed in a while (JanI)
+ check mDNSResponder & move it to external/ (Michael S.)
[ hidden 5x directories deep in impress ]
+ double-check libmar/src, update/src, remove the duplicate, etc. (Kendy)
* Release Engineering update (Cloph)
+ 4.4.7 RC2
+ tagged, Linux + Mac built.
+ Windows delayed; since VM died; buying replacement H/W etc.
+ will start build today.
+ 5.0.4 status
+ RC1 / freeze - Monday
+ tagging due later today / tomorrow.
+ all fixes from gerrit are integrated
+ very last minute fixes today / tomorrow.
+ 5.1.0 branch / feature-freeze: this week.
+ branch created, and beta1 tag this week.
+ windows build breakage just before tagging.
+ a buildfix1 tag -> corresponding fixes.
+ re-created tar-balls from this.
+ Avoiding large-scale cosmetic cleanups
+ until when ? (Stephan)
+ consensus so-far; try to do just before branch-off (Miklos)
+ one idea mass-run through code-formatting tool (Bjoern)
+ start with config / code-style we want to use
+ by the time we do the next release: finally look at it.
+ 6 months to bike-shed.
+ afraid, can't agree on include order, not ideal (Miklos)
+ removing parameters, defaulted etc. (Stephan)
+ calming down for a couple of point-release to help bug-fixers (Michael)
+ makes sense (Bjoern)
+ concern, never a good time for doing these (Stephan)
+ concern - size, and non-functionality are deadly annoying when
back-porting bug-fixes (Michael)
+ if a volunteer; doing rename member variables (Bjoern)
+ if 1st commit - makes sense perhaps.
+ agree with a quiet period (Eike)
+ will pile up changes in gerrit; but need reviewing.
+ piling makes them un-merge-able over time (Bjoern)
+ say - we discourage until .2 (as in the past) (Miklos)
+ not black / white - please try to avoid those.
=> avoid large non-functional cleanups until x.y.2
+ Late Features:
+ OpenGL - switch to simpler double-buffering.
+ Slide Transitions: artwork & polish
[ Jay and Andreas making new images - much appreciated ]
+ UserAgent display & tweakage
[ in modulo tweaking, cf. discussing a setting later ]
+ calc s/w interpreter-related patch
[ also got in before the freeze; an 18x speedup on CPU for
some test sheets; currently guarded by a variable - and
subsetting to just some sheets.
+ plan to test with crash-testing sheets & enable by default
Would like to look at it (Eike)
+ dislike env.vars set - avoids the unit-tests
+ plan to remove it before ship (Kendy)
+ turn into normal config & default -> testable.
+ would like to turn it on now - default on for user-testing (Kendy)
+ optional B2 in the release-plan (Cloph)
+ can have an intermediate release.
+ goal of the code - vectors of doubles
+ formula results (Michael)
+ moves big chunk of ptr chasing & branching from inner loop.
+ Android & iOS Remote
+ delayed, due to B1 delay.
* Idle re-work (Michael)
+ graphical event processing issue
+ scheduler cleanup
+ true 'idle' behavior - for wordcount.
* Documentation (Kendy)
+ proposed - rename of help files that are main / 000158 etc.
+ quite un-readable for humans.
+ localization community - asked; these get into po files at some stage.
+ needs scripting; but not a high prio. just yet.
+ mainly for non-pootle using translators (Cloph)
+ has some helpful scripts (JanI)
+ message contexts changes (Kendy)
+ not urgent - for now use an XSL file that indicates the
path of the files in the help (Sophie)
+ reasonably easy to find the file to work on.
+ guy interested in editing help, doing good stuff there too.
* UX Update (Kendy)
+ Meeting time moved -> now Friday 2pm European time.
+ based on doodle poll.
+ this friday - 1st time at new time.
+ don't have tabs above the view anymore.
+ a toolbar button with a drop-down to choose what to edit.
+ makes 'masters' more obvious
+ switch directly to editing masters.
+ discussion with Samuel
+ will re-introduce the work; maybe new name ? toolspace ?
* Crashtest update
+ 2 import failures, 1 export failures, coverity 315
+ import & export now fixed.
+ overall 10x down on Coverity
+ unusually new & helpful issues.
* UserAgent bits (Michael)
+ dropping language piece - from user-agent
+ native lang teams would like that (Cloph)
+ lots of people use English (Eike)
+ NLP care who uses their work (Cloph)
=> add the UI language instead.
+ what it does (check it out)
+ OS version Win 6.6
+ Threads: 4
+ Render: normal/GL
+ not a technical thing (Bjoern)
+ we host the data at TDF
+ meta-data, identifiable.
+ only a few bits of info (Michael)
+ happier - if not for every ping (Bjoern)
+ do statistical sampling; 1% of users.
+ unclear if we want a "Opt in to share details [yes] [no]" thing
+ usual question - "do you want to update & we will share data" (Kendy)
+ we want people updating -> not attractive.
=> turn it in with some 1% filter of users
* Upload Java URE artifacts to central Maven repository? (Bubli)
+ useful for developing Java extensions
+ already packaged in Debian
+ check if they comply with requirements: http://central.sonatype.org/pages/requirements.html,
sign with TDF key & upload
+ makes building Java extensions much easier.
+ bug from DavidO - 3x years ago; now closed.
+ https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1629 filed for cloph to deal with it :-)
+ willing to do the maintenance (Bubli)
+ would be happy for help up-loading -> help appreciated !
+ Can use mis-placed versions of jars to compile vs. (Stephan)
+ can't use at run-time.
+ aware of that (Bubli)
+ concern wrt. non-obvious failure modes (Stephan)
+ Jars need other parts of the URE next to themselves.
+ errors will not be enlightening.
+ is it for TDF vs. distro builds ? (Bjoern)
+ users need educating anyway - just for building (Bubli)
+ like the idea (Michael)
+ LiMux switched Wollmux builds to Maven builds (JMux)
+ has stuff there; used to build public releases.
+ Debian already build some maven goodness (Bubli)
+ artifact ID / ver / jar etc.
+ part of URE package.
+ for local use of Maven -> will point to local machine (Stephan)
+ lets not kill babies (Michael)
AI: + help with sign & up-load (Cloph)
* LiMux hackfest update (Jan-Marek)
+ about 20 people, JMux split between organizing & LibreOffice.
+ poked at KDE5 backend - will take a while to develop a real one.
+ probably first switch kde4 from X11 to Qt abstraction
+ basically facing all the KWin problems from:
+ code in private/jmux/kde5+rsvg
+ "It compiles but doesn't run"
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
+ GNOME hack-fest in Madrid - Dec 2nd -> 4th (Jacobo)
+ Wiki page: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Madrid2015
+ FOSDEM / Beta Co-working (Bjoern)
+ next venues / suggestions
+ considering another Gran Canaria hack-fest (Thorsten)
+ March next year (?)
+ talked to them; lots of enthusiasm & desire for training.
+ Terni (Italy) this Saturday ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Terni2015 )
* Mentoring Update (JanI)
+ lots of announce / interest.
+ Discussed with Italo, to reward people on 1st patch, 10th patch (idea from Bubli)
+ come back wiht a proposal soon.
+ Added new blog for newcomers, will be tips and trix
+ on the planet.
+ started looked at "hanging" patches
+ digging through lingering patches;
+ not clear why they're not merged; just 1 submission.
+ have reviewed a few, comments in gerrit.
+ Preparing for madrid
+ use this as a start for a more active spanish community.
+ wanting Jan to talk about LibreOffice.
+ List of non active developers: next step
+ concern wrt. E-mailing (Kendy)
+ and add 1x more question - ok or not to contact
+ get tone really positive (Michael)
* l10n Update (Sophie)
* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
+ pending another 3 weeks, then will start a new round soon...
* Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)
+ interest at last ESC on how Jenkins stats are generated
+ can we auto-generate in dev-tools/scripts/esc-bug-stats.pl ?
+ please Linux Jenkins guys build with --enable-kde4 (Bubli)
+ to prevent vcl build breakages
+ check - is 'make check' run by CI ? (Michael)
+ not for gerrit patches; but is done for tinderboxes (Stephan)
from:Thu Nov 19 15:41:41 2015
master linux rel jobs:184 ok:136 ko:29 fail ratio:15.76% break:11 broken duration:7.8%
master linux dbg jobs:179 ok:28 ko:149 fail ratio:83.24% break:19 broken duration:72.99%
master mac rel jobs:174 ok:148 ko:12 fail ratio:6.89% break:4 broken duration:2.51%
master mac dbg jobs:172 ok:151 ko:9 fail ratio:5.23% break:6 broken duration:2.91%
master win rel jobs:84 ok:62 ko:19 fail ratio:22.61% break:10 broken duration:23.54%
master win dbg jobs:137 ok:97 ko:34 fail ratio:24.81% break:17 broken duration:31.27%
master win64 dbg jobs:125 ok:102 ko:19 fail ratio:15.19% break:9 broken duration:21.87%
lo-4.4 mac jobs:6 ok:4 ko:2 fail ratio:33.33% break:2 broken duration:56.26%
gerrit win rel jobs:205 ok:118 ko:83 fail ratio:40.48%
gerrit lin rel jobs:211 ok:166 ko:45 fail ratio:21.32%
gerrit mac rel jobs:211 ok:174 ko:37 fail ratio:17.53%
gerrit all jobs:205 ok:102 ko:99 fail ratio:48.29%
* Easy Hacks:
+ new easy-hacks thanks to: JanI, Samuel M.
+ create your own by setting whiteboard to eg.
"easyHack difficultyBeginner skillCpp topicCleanup"
+ create new easy hacks from these proposed ones
(or remove the whiteboard keyword "needsDevEval" if not feasible):
* QA update (Robinson)
+ UNCONFIRMED at 520 + 34 bugs in UX-advise
+ needAdvice at 16
+ New Status for 'abandoned' bugs: INSUFFICIENT DATA
+ will try that out; then adding it.
+ Most Pressing Bugs:
+ tdf#89034 - Text not being justified in Persian and other RTL languages
+ Common issue --> Tor working on it.
+ tdf#94689 - Crash on new file, close file, open file
+ look at it (Michael)
+ Mail merge regression concern (Bjoern)
+ having a look (Thorsten, Kendy)
* QA stats
Querying overall / top bug stats
+160 -87 (+73 overall)
many thanks to the top bug squashers:
Adolfo Jayme 6
Julien Nabet 5
V Stuart Foote 4
Samuel Mehrbrodt 4
Alex Thurgood 4
Cor Nouws 3
Maxim Monastirsky 3
Yousuf (Jay) Philips 3
Caolán McNamara 2
Mike Kaganski 2
Björn Michaelsen 2
Regina Henschel 2
* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
5.0: 11/49 - 22% +1
4.4: 11/72 - 15% +0
4.3: 6/67 - 8% +0
4.2: 11/133 - 8% +0
4.1: 4/79 - 5% +0
4.0: 10/81 - 12% -1
old: 40/247 - 16% +0
* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibisected'
+ 343/1116 335/1103 336/1098 332/1088 341/1089 330/1074 324/1064
* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
+ 721(+8) bugs open of 4443(+24) total 43(-1) high prio.
* ~Component count net * high severity regressions
Calc - 20 (+0)
Writer - 12 (+1)
LibreOffice - 7 (+0)
Impress - 1 (-1)
graphics stack - 1 (+0)
Extensions - 1 (+0)
Base - 1 (+0)
UI - 0 (-1)
* ~Component count net * all regressions
Writer - 238 (+2)
Calc - 156 (+1)
Crashes - 55 (+1)
Impress - 48 (-1)
LibreOffice - 47 (+0)
UI - 42 (-2)
graphics stack - 32 (-1)
Borders - 30 (+1)
Base - 24 (+0)
Draw - 22 (-1)
filters and storage - 16 (+1)
BASIC - 13 (+0)
Printing and PDF export- 12 (+1)
Chart - 10 (+0)
Formula Editor - 5 (+0)
Extensions - 3 (+0)
Installation - 2 (+0)
framework - 2 (+0)
Linguistic - 2 (+0)
sdk - 1 (+0)
email@example.com <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ... · Michael Meeks
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy