Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


* Present:
    + Jan-Marek, Robinson, Christian, Sophie, Stephan, Norbert, Oliver, Jan I,
      Kendy, Miklos, Michael M, Eike, Thorsten, Andras, Michael S, Bubli, Jacobo,
      Muthu, Bjoern
 
* Completed Action Items:
 
* Pending Action Items:
    + please cleanup / merge mentoring page (JanI)
        [ https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Mentors
          https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FindTheExpert ]
    + UserAgent - drop bundled-languages (Michael)
    + UserAgent - produce a patch for review (Michael)
    + reach-out to Beta Co-working guy to book pre-FOSDEM hackfest (Bjoern)
 
* Release Engineering update (Christian)
    + 4.4.6 RC3
        + requests for a re-spin re:
           + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/19660
        + fine with a 4.4.7 instead (Eike)
AI:            + add a 4.4.7 to the release-plan (Cloph)
    + 5.1.0 Alpha 1
        + out on pre-releases, and testers will be using for
          bug-hunting this weekend
        + branch scheduled in week starting Nov 16th - Week 47
    + 5.0.3 - RC2 status
        + will be published on mirrors today,
        + announced alongside 4.4.6 as final next week.
    + Android & iOS Remote
        + identified some problems in the hack-fest, not fixed yet.
            + Tomaz also working on this (Michael)
 
* MSVC 2015 (David O., Stephan)
    + Mostly working, lots of work done.
    + after the hack-fest works - modulo this issue:
        + 
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/msvc-x86_64#Ongoing_efforts_to_support_MSVC_14.0_.28aka_VS_2015.29>
            + "address wrong MSI merge library installation location problem for C runtime"
    + can we get a tinderbox up and running ?
        + should we make this the default for 5.1 ? (Michael)
            + can re-purpose one of the Mac-mini for VS 2013 (tb) (Norbert)
                + for main-workload don't want multiple toolchains.
                + ideally move to support it properly in 5.1
                + when 5.0 is EOL - switch everything to use VS 2013.
        => plan to drop MSVC 2013 for LO 5.2 if LO 5.1 is building too.
            + when we obsolete 5.0
            + base-line of build-OS (not run-time) should be raised
              to Windows 2016 at the same time (Cloph)
AI: + kind offer to setup an MSVC2015 tinderbox vs. master (Thorsten)
    + community edition ? (Jmux)
        + is that also 2015 ?
            + also available (Cloph)
                + harder to get the 2013 free version currently.
    + internally build with the pro version (Norbert)
        + good to build with the community version.
 
* gerrit version (Michael)
    + old gerrit / not updating it ?
        + already did an update this year; updates are stressful (Norbert)
    + some UI change - needed to be approved (Norbert)
        + checked who was using old UI (Michael)
            + not much of a problem wrt. the old change-set UI.
    + planned event - somewhere beginning of next year (Norbert)
         + the new version enables on-line editing of patches ? (Bubli)
            + are the benefits big enough ?
            + quite impressed, but every change can cause grief
                + won't change anything you see Bubli (Michael)
                + concerned server already slow enough (Miklos)
                    + could make it worse ? just a concern / not measured.
    + Open to offers of people wanting to upgrade & fix it (Norbert)
         + critical tar-baby / ongoing maintenance needed.
 
* UX Update (Kendy)
    + call yesterday, 32x pixel breeze icons
         + have a big theme, will have another choice - extra-large
    + sorted out what should be in toolbars, sidebars, dialogs etc.
         + blog post to follow for feedback.
    + pending on infra to create design blog (cf. redmine ticket)
         + https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1505
AI:      + talk to Alex tomorrow (Cloph)
    + NotebookBar bits
         + some ideas already; but missed Samuel (getting Married)
         + either ~non-context-sensitive toolbar-like or
           something more familiar.
 
* Documentation (Kendy)
    + new release still pending.
    + Regina did a nice demo of the xmlhelp stuff at the hackfest (Michael)
    + pending tasks: still should look at paragraph-ids & remove
      from translation tools.
    + fixed the xmlhelp / icon images not themed properly (Stephan)
        + more hackfest goodness.
 
* Crashtest update (Caolán on vacation)
    + ? import failures, ? export failures, ??? coverity issues
        + updates next week ...
    + asan+ubsan crashtest run
 
* Hamburg Hackfest retrospective (Bubli)
    + https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/Hamburg2015
    + nice demo from Regina, already mentioned.
    + nice demo from David - new Gerrit UI.
    + some healthy mixture of the experienced and the newer.
    + on Sunday - one arriving from the street.
    + new bugs filed; some even fixed
    + interesting impress deployment in electronic msg. boards in schools.
    + thanks to CIB for hosting it (Michael)
        + are willing to host the next hack-fest.
    + encouraging - that CIB people & some old-hands using Windows (Bjoern)
        + discussing VS. integration etc.
        + hopefully this brings more Linux/Windows breakages to parity.
        + great to see several sympathetic Sun superheros.
    + some good mentoring done too.
    + the Cloph / VMs worked well too (Bjoern)
    + evening meet & greet - better to start earlier (Bjoern)
        + can get speakers in-place; and a topic to invite for ?
 
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
    + Could we join the GNOME hack-fest in Madrid ? (Bjoern)
        + booked a room.
        + if they get 5x more LibreOffice hackers - would be good.
        + 3x confirmed people: Bubli, JanI, Bjoern.
            + volunteers are invited.
            + may attend the hack-fest (Jacobo)
        + no wiki page yet Dec 2nd -> 4th planned.
            + waiting for confirmation.
    + FOSDEM / Beta Co-working (Bjoern)
        + looked at conference room costs: Eur 500/day
    + next venues / suggestions
        + incoming US venue suggestion (Bubli)
            + dave_largo - would be happy to host a hack-fest
               + they have the venue & users & connectivity.
               + do they have local developers / hackers ?
AI:         + chat Dave (Robinson)
        + Belgium another candidate ...
        + perhaps again at Las Palmas (Thorsten)
 
* l10n Update (Sophie)
    + 5.1 translation is going on, everythign is fine.
 
* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
    + newly appointed: Mihai Varga, Oliver Specht, Philippe Jung
         + congratulations etc. Italo to send out certificates.
    + odd that others are easily competent enough - but nervous
      of being called certified (Kendy)
         + fear of being called at night ? (Stephan)
             + [ to hire you (Michael) ]
    + perhaps best to get them to hack-fests & encourage in-person (Thorsten)
    + nudge: opt out not in ? (Michael)
    + pending 7 weeks ...
 
* Jenkins update (Norbert)
    from:Thu Oct 22 14:49:45 2015
    master linux rel  jobs:187 ok:182 ko:5  fail ratio:2.67%  break:5  broken duration:4.4%
    master linux dbg  jobs:135 ok:128 ko:5  fail ratio:3.7%   break:3  broken duration:3.18%
    master mac rel    jobs:183 ok:179 ko:4  fail ratio:2.18%  break:2  broken duration:0.62%
    master mac dbg    jobs:174 ok:168 ko:6  fail ratio:3.44%  break:3  broken duration:1.03%
    master win rel    jobs:82  ok:71  ko:11 fail ratio:13.41% break:5  broken duration:13.17%
    master win dbg    jobs:130 ok:111 ko:19 fail ratio:14.61% break:17 broken duration:11.25%
    master win64 dbg  jobs:123 ok:108 ko:15 fail ratio:12.19% break:11 broken duration:12.08%
    lo-4.4 mac        jobs:4   ok:4   ko:0  fail ratio:0%     break:0  broken duration:0%
    gerrit win rel    jobs:187 ok:122 ko:64 fail ratio:34.22%
    gerrit lin rel    jobs:199 ok:181 ko:18 fail ratio:9.04%
    gerrit mac rel    jobs:200 ok:173 ko:27 fail ratio:13.5%
    gerrit all        jobs:186 ok:115 ko:70 fail ratio:37.63%
       + not too bad this week.
    + a new linux box is now online, tb75 (aka lilith@documentfoundation.org)
    + another one -- tb76 aka maggie@documentfoundation.org) being prepared.
        + these do a full cold build in 20-25 minutes (depending on release/debug/dbgutil)
        + full hot build is in the 7-8 minutes ranges
        + incremental no-op: a couple of minutes
        + tb63 and tb64 (VM) will be decommisionned.
        + tb65(ec2) has been stopped, keeping it on stand-by as needed.
        + plan: add a job to do a 'tdf-release' build tinderbox
        + plan: configure tb76 to be able to do ubsan.
            + would love help from sberg.
    + plan to increase the diversity of load: a TB as close as possible to release (for Linux)
 
* Easy Hacks:
    + new easy-hacks thanks to:
        + Bubli & Bjoern
        + http://bit.ly/1KR4HWX
    + create your own by setting whiteboard to eg.
            "easyHack difficultyBeginner skillCpp topicCleanup"
    + create new easy hacks from these proposed ones
      (or remove the whiteboard keyword "needsDevEval" if not feasible):
      https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?status_whiteboard=needsDevEval
 
* QA update (Robinson)
    + UNCONFIRMED at 498 + 21 bugs in UX-advise
       + up slightly.
    + needAdvice at 15
    + BugHunting Session for 5.1 starts tomorrow! (Fri-Sat-Sun)
        + Specific features/improvements/bugs that need testing? Please list them here:
          https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugHunting_Session_5.1.0.0#What_to_test
    + Most Pressing Bugs:
        http://ur1.ca/nkp0t
        + tdf#94063 - EDITING References break when putting text behind them
        + tdf#91789 - UI:  Crash on exit after format header
            + bibisected; bjoern?
              as per comment 5 seems to be a regression from f7424ed7 from Zolnai
    + ran into a tough user-recently (Norbert)
        + would love to have an 'abandoned' status ...
        + description can't reproduce, won't share the document
            + closed -> "works for me"
        + but perhaps better to have an 'abandoned' status:
            + no value judgement etc.
        + at RedHat have "insufficient data" (Eike)
            + happy with that (Norbert)
                + sounds like 'needinfo' (Bjoern)
        + launchpad 'Expired' - auto convert after 90x days of no data (Bjoern)
        + avoid the 'works for me' - can irritate the reporter
            + not the right status (Robinson)s
                + resolved->invalid currently.
        => come up with a proposal mail for this new node in the graph (Robinson)
 
* Thoughts on global current frame foo ? (Michael)
    + if intention is to get rid of it - huge chunk of work (Miklos)
    + nasty hack around existing global state.
 
* QA stats
  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
    +170    -106        (+64 overall)
    many thanks to the top bug squashers:
        Beluga                20
        Dennis Roczek         10
        Maxim Monastirsky      9
        Joel Madero            4
        Julien Nabet           4
        Christian Lohmaier     4
        Markus Mohrhard        4
        m.a.riosv              3
        raal                   3
        Jean-Baptiste Faure    3
        Jacques Guilleron      2
        László Németh          2
        Andrzej Hunt           2
        Xisco Faulí            2
        V Stuart Foote         2
 
* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
        5.0: 12/48 - 25%    +1
        4.4: 10/70 - 14%    +0
        4.3: 6/67   - 8%    +0
        4.2: 11/132 - 8%    -1
        4.1: 4/79   - 5%    +0
        4.0: 11/81  - 13%   +0
        old: 39/246 - 15%   +0
 
* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibisected'
  + 341/1089 330/1074 324/1064 322/1047 324/1039 325/1029 330/1028
    + http://tdf.io/bibibugs
 
* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
        + stats are for two weeks ...
        + 703(+17) bugs open of 4365(+26) total 45(+0) high prio.
 
        * ~Component   count net * high severity regressions
                  Calc - 20 (+1)
                Writer - 13 (-1)
           LibreOffice -  7 (+0)
               Impress -  2 (+0)
                    UI -  1 (+0)
   filters and storage -  1 (+0)
                  Base -  1 (+0)
                + http://bit.ly/1HWHb3E
 
        * ~Component   count net * all regressions
                Writer - 237 (+5)
                  Calc - 151 (+7)
               Crashes -  53 (+2)
               Impress -  51 (-2)
           LibreOffice -  48 (+3)
                    UI -  43 (-2)
        graphics stack -  30 (+3)
               Borders -  28 (+0)
                  Base -  24 (+0)
                  Draw -  21 (+0)
   filters and storage -  16 (+0)
Printing and PDF export-  11 (+0)
                 Chart -  10 (-1)
                 BASIC -  10 (+0)
        Formula Editor -   5 (+0)
            Extensions -   2 (+0)
             framework -   2 (+0)
            Linguistic -   2 (-1)
                   sdk -   1 (+0)
                + http://bit.ly/1BUdI8i

-- 
 michael.meeks@collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot


-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: projects+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.