maybe we can have a mixture - TDF staff speaks several languages, so
think we can at least cover the French, Italian, German and maybe
Brazilian and Portuguese communities (Italo IMHO speaks Portuguese),

I understand Portuguese, and with some Google Translate help I can write
a Portuguese text. I speak Spanish better than Portuguese, so I can
cover Spanish as well (I have been interviewed in Spanish).

which would be a good start. For the other communities, at least
forwarding the message in English can be done as well by TDF staff - if
we want to have it localized (which would help greatly, for sure!) and a
point of contact it the native language, we need volunteers capable of
the specific language.

I think that this is similar, as a problem, to the issue of getting
press releases translated into native languages, which does not work
extremely well (apart the usual languages).

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
mobile +39.348.5653829 - email / jabber italo@libreoffice.org