Upgrade of dauntless host delayed - vm138 affected

Hi,

during tonights maintenance window our virtualization host dauntless was upgraded to Debian 8. After rebooting, GRUB entered rescue mode as it could not load the linux module (symbol grub_realidt not found). Manual recovery of grub failed with the same error.
Also the BIOS failed to detect the attached emergency-USB flash drive that should be used as fallback in case of boot failure. I have therefore contacted manitu support so that they can ensure that booting from the USB drive gets possible again.

Sorry for the inconveniences,
Alex

Hi,

the problem was solved, normal operation is restored.

Alex