Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last

Hi everyone,

here are the minutes from the infra call on May 27:

* Einsle, Robert
* Werner, Alexander
* Effenberger, Florian
* Norbert Thiebaud
* Roczek, Dennis (until 19:45 CEST)
* Lohmaier, Christian

* Decision: HA filesystem
* Robert: For performant ceph as alternative to gluster you need at least 6 servers
* Decision 1: Is a HA Filesystem needed?
  * 5 yes, 1 abstention
  * not needed for all services, only for the production ones
* Decision 2: Should we go for gluster?
  * 5 yes, 1 abstention
* Status: SQL replication:
  no new developements by Norbert, Robert will confer with Norbert about Master-Slave replication, 
slave will be on swiss backup machine
* Status: Monitoring: Robert will setup Icinga2 on his own Machine first and then replicate the 
setup to the new monitoring VM
* Status: IPMI/Networking (bonding, performance issues) rdm#1197:
  Inspect packages from machine-machine and machine-internet
  Get stats from kernel
  Test if problem persists after upgrade to Debian 8 on dauntless *first*
  * Decision: Dauntless upgrade to Debian 8
    * no votes against
* Discussion: Upgrade Wiki version to 1.24:
  * currently running 1.23 LTS, 1.25 was just released, not stable enough)
  * Decision: Upgrade to 1.24.
    * no votes against
* Discussion: Debian 8
  * Decision: Debian 8 as new base system
    * no votes against
  * Upgrade from Debian 7:
   time planning: First upgrade then HA, First host to receive upgrade is dauntless
* Status: Migration of other servers:
  First upgrade to Debian 8
* Discussion: Redmine upgrade and enhancements:
  alongside pumbaa reinstall
* Discussion: pumbaa reinstall on new hardware with Debian 8:
  * no votes against
* Decision: External backups:
  * Discussion: Server housing & developer hardware
* Decision: Maintenance windows:
  Tuesday 0300-0500UTC, rdm#1275
* Discussion: Service policy
  List of services, hosts and VMs
  Salt inclusion, infra team access
  Build machines and repositories
* Housekeeping: Bugzilla tickets into Redmine, dealing with incoming Redmine tickets, deprecating 
internal wiki:
  file again in redmine note with bot account, discussion postponed
* Decision: In-person admin meeting:
  mail with details soon

The next call will take place on Wednesday, June 24, 1700 UTC (1900 CEST).

Alexander Werner, Infrastructure Administrator
Tel: +49 30 5557992-61 | IRC: awerner on Freenode
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details:

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.