On 11/02/2015 16:02, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
* non profit entities working with an established trademark license of
the Document Foundation whose sole purposes is to promote and
represent LibreOffice or its users.

IMHO, we should try to establish this kind of non profit entities in
every geography. LibreItalia is growing in size, visibility, reputation
and importance almost on a daily basis. In addition, it is recognized by
government bodies, and has been able to build bridges even with one of
the organizations who have migrated to AOO (to be clear, this is not due
to a change of attitude of the people who have convinced the
organization to migrate to AOO because LibreOffice was "crap", but
because the person who has managed the project within the organization
has realized that he has been cheated, and LibreOffice is better than
AOO). Sonia and myself have been invited to speak at their event on
March 27, in Bologna.

I'm afraid I don't have a breakdown of the first two types of cases,
but I can tell the last one is rare. We have LibreItalia, and to a
lesser extent, the NGO in Brazil who does not usually go by the name
"LibreOffice Brazil" or anything close.

LibreItalia is seen at the Italian house of LibreOffice.

- more interestingly, and with my Membership Commitee hat on, should
we integrate contributions made by actual local chapters of TDF (and
not general purpose free software advocacy groups) inside TDF
membership criteria?

IMHO, yes, because they are growing the community at local level and as
such are strengthening the entire project.

- please share your thoughts here about the topic: did you find
problematic to set up a local entity? etc.

Once we decided to draft the statutes based on TDF statutes, with the
necessary tweaks based on the Italian law for non profit organizations,
the setup was easy but extremely time consuming (we presented the
statutes in April and we got the approval in August).

- what should be the most important criteria for local entities to
become "TDF chapters"?

Commitment to LibreOffice, commitment to LibreOffice, commitment to
LibreOffice.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795