On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Rimas Kudelis <rq@akl.lt> wrote:
Hi again,

On 2015 m. sausio 28 d. 09:09:27 EET, Rimas Kudelis <rq@akl.lt> wrote:

On 2015 m. sausio 28 d. 08:10:38 EET, jonathon <toki.kantoor@gmail.com>
wrote:

BTW, when you say "style guide", which specific one do you mean?

The one you're looking for, assuming it exists. If not, or could be a
combination of Gnome HIG and any American English style guide we (the
LibO community) would deem acceptable and meeting our needs (e.g. The
Chicago Manual of Style).

In fact, I just thought that it doesn't even have to be a formal manual: if somebody would be
willing to oversee style consistency in our strings, and that style would look acceptable by our
en-US users, then why not? Especially if that person would be willing to formalize these rules
into a written style manual along the way.

--
Rimas

This document may be of interest:
https://obriend.fedorapeople.org/WritingStyleGuide/
It's only recently (last year) been open sourced and made public.

On the Docs list, I wrote:

Here is one I remember from OOo:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Dashboard/Help_Style_Guide

There is also a short (and somewhat out of date) writing style guide
for LO user guides. It is Chapter 5 in the LO Docs Contributors Guide. See
here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Contributors_Guide

In Docs, we mainly referred to the relevant sections of _Read Me
First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry_ by Sun Technical
Publications.

--Jean