Hi Jonathon,

2015.01.27 23:15, jonathon wrote:
On 27/01/15 18:36, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

If you need to review *all* help & UI, I think it maps to an
equivalent of a 500 or more page handbook.
But you don't. L10n only are only asking for review of strings when
they are being changed.

Review strings in context.

Whoever volunteers for this task will need to go through _all_ of the
existing help, UI, and other things, before reviewing strings when they
are changed.

The task requires:
* Copy editing;
* Line editing;
* Proof reading;
amongst other editing tasks.

FWIW, this also means that the l10n, a11y, and i18n teams will be dumped
with a slew of changes that might, but probably won't affect their
existing translation, but will still need to be verified to ensure that
their translations, etc. are not broken.

I really don't see a revision of all existing strings as a requirement
to start reviewing newly added ones. Of course, it would be beneficial,
but not at all a requirement. You don't need to read a 500-pages worth
of text to tell whether or not a certain string is clear, concise and
grammatically, syntactically and typographically correct. Especially if
you are a native English speaker and have a style guide at hand.

Rimas