On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 4:15 PM, jonathon <toki.kantoor@gmail.com> wrote:
On 27/01/15 18:36, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
If you need to review *all* help & UI, I think it maps to an equivalent of a 500 or more page
handbook.
But you don't. L10n only are only asking for review of strings when they are being changed.

Review strings in context.

Whoever volunteers for this task will need to go through _all_ of the
existing help, UI, and other things, before reviewing strings when they
are changed.

So basically there's a steep learning curve, but once someone has an
active knowledge of the current text, then they should be able to do
work in small deltas. As long as there's clear documentation about
getting up to speed (and the potential time to do so), the workflow
seems plausible.

The task requires:
* Copy editing;
* Line editing;
* Proof reading;
amongst other editing tasks.

Yup, sounds challenging.

FWIW, this also means that the l10n, a11y, and i18n teams will be dumped
with a slew of changes that might, but probably won't affect their
existing translation, but will still need to be verified to ensure that
their translations, etc. are not broken.

I keep on hearing about these big changes. Some of them sound
scriptable, but have there been some that are not? Aside from the
bulk-changes, how many string additions/modifications/etc.. are there
on a weekly or monthly basis?

BTW, does anybody know where  the *current*  _LibreOffice Manual of
Style_ can be obtained from?

Once we find it, let's add a redirect here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Manual_of_style

(Or it can live there, if it doesn't have a good home yet! :-)

If it's more of an official-ish document, perhaps this would be a better home:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Manual_of_style

Best,
--R

--