+ Kendy, Michael M, Muthu, Andras, Noel, Robinson, Kohei, Cloph,
Miklos, Markus, Stephan, David, Jan-Marek, floeff, Eike, Bjoern,
Caolan, Michael S, Adam
* Completed Action Items:
+ poke wrt. FOSDEM / BetaCoworking - ask him (Kendy)
[ Cor poked, seems they're happy to have us for 2x days,
confirmed - and hoping to have some board rooms ]
+ get stats on bugzilla load / HW strength from Tollef (Robinson)
[ queued up - HW is 2x machines, 2x VM's, each 8GB of RAM,
front-end is couple of GB of RAM, but DB backend is 8GB,
12 virtual CPUs to each ]
+ reach out to Tollef to organise bz migration date/time (Robinson)
[ tentative date/time: Sat Jan 24th, 15:00 UTC - any problems ?
+ no mumering - go for it ].
+ FOSDEM paper submission ... [!] ... deadline tomorrow (Several)
submitted: Thorsten, Michael x2, Matus (not), Michael S, Miklos.
not yet: Markus, Eike, Bjoern
unknown: Jacobo, Adam ]
+ ask Cedric what's up with libcmis (Miklos)
[ mentioned on IRC: released a new up-stream version ...
needs to be integrated into master & merge the feature-branch ...
so getting there - no blockers, just work ].
AI: + review libcmis branch & merge to master & 4.4 (Miklos)
+ move PDF signing out of 'experimental' in 4.4 (Tor)
+ encourage students to come to FOSDEM; travel funding for talkers (Jmux)
[ sadly exams a week after, so 2x will come but
not all & not to the hack-fest ].
* Pending Action Items:
+ fix BSA login / XML-RPC issues (Cloph)
[ pending, Cloph workingon it ]
+ check Matus' startup performance measurement for layered images.zip (Kendy)
* Bugzilla migration update (Robinson)
+ BugZilla migration => Saturday, January 24, ~1600 UTC (~1700 Germany, Italy, France, ~1000
+ going well
+ please test out your tools vs. that.
+ whining feature
+ sends you a list of bugs by E-mail periodically
+ does anyone use it ?
+ Thorsten had one setup - but not unhappy if it dies.
+ all going smoothly; all code in gerrit.
+ thinking about next steps etc.
* Release Engineering update (Cloph)
+ 4.2.8 release status
+ released as final tomorrow - on ML / TDF blogs
+ a rather quiet release
+ 4.4.0 Beta 2
+ released last week.
+ 4.4.0 RC1 - due to freeze next week - on Monday
+ string & UI freeze date, but not branch-off.
+ single review - from someone other than the committer
to push to RC1 - cf. 4.3 branch etc.
+ Horribly late feature collection:
+ OneDrive / SharePoint bits
+ no objections to get it in for RC1 ?
+ OpenGL/CL JPEG de-compression to texture (jpeg-turbo patch)
[ patch still pending, kendy working on it ].
+ New Templates ...
+ 4.3.5 RC2 status
+ will be tagged later today; 5x patches in gerrit for the branch
+ cloph hunting for reviews later on IRC =)
+ Android / iOS Remote
+ Android on the Google Play
+ iOS - update translations, will be pushed too
Windows Signatures: invalid after certificate expires
(i.e. builds signed before April'14 won't validate)
+ how important it is to have old builds still valid?
+ sounds useful not to have that expiring quickly (Thorsten)
+ we have builds every ~month, so is there merit in the old builds? (Michael)
+ half a year old build at the end of life? (Thorsten)
+ 4.5.x will have a new certificate, but the previous 4.5.x-1 would be invalid (Cloph)
+ needless problems with the users? (Thorsten)
+ $200 does not sound that much for a longer term certificate (Thorsten)
+ let's just do it (Michael)
+ not a 'longer term', actually just does not expire
+ good => do it.
* Crashtest update (Markus)
+ expecting new hardware before Christmas.
+ got some new builds & a few new files, some new leads from Caolan & David
on files for inclusion
+ validation results for ODS are >50% better
+ otherwise mostly constant.
* FOSDEM bits
+ when is the meeting ? (Norbert)
+ currently planned Mon / Tues (board meetings)
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
+ initial scheduling for 2015:
+ FOSDEM, Bruessels, Belgium -- February 2015 contact: Kendy/Cor
+ Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain -- March, 2015 contact: Bjoern
+ setup for GSOC etc.
+ contacted them - and plan to go ahead with that.
+ Cambridge, UK -- May 2015 contact: Michael
* UX Update (Kendy)
+ some nice improvements
+ 2x new people submitting their first patch
+ Mattias Põldaru, V Stuart Foote
+ lots of HIG fixes (Adolfo Jayme Barrientos)
+ switching some dialogs back to re-sizable
+ otherwise getting things straightened out
+ otherwise happy with 4.4
+ though a few smaller improvements there.
+ wanted to run a templates competition
+ can we still include them into 4.4 ?
+ request for late feature
+ should not be translated (Moggi)
* Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy)
* Jenkins update (Norbert)
* QA (Robinson)
+ UNCONFIRMED under 600
+ quiet as testing out 4.4
+ near duplicate of shambolic image loss bug (Michael)
+ would be nice to stop these hyper-long comments (Markus)
+ 50x lines of comments without new information is not useful
reading that is very wasteful of dev. time.
+ ability to prioritise / hide comments perhaps in new BZ (Robinson)
* Bibisect update (Robinson)
+ was going to push yesterday, but wiki slow
+ it is up-loaded here:
+ will mail the QA list shortly.
* Big drop in regressions: v. positive
+ Markus spent his last 2x weekends fixing calc regressions
* VNC logins on Hackfest image (Bjoern)
+ have awesome images for hackfests right now
+ if devs can work there; then can we get QA there ?
+ can we get VNC logins there ?
+ how hard/trivial is this ?
+ easy to do (Cloph)
+ X2go - available for Win/Mac/Linux
+ could we even have that for the Bug Hunting Session?
+ can Robinson test VM X2go flow ? (Bjoern)
AI: + test this out & get good at setting this up (Robinson)
* pImpl vs. abstract base-classes (ABC) (Bjoern)
+ compiler test of ABC vs pImpl - no perf. difference
+ a matter of taste (Kohei/Bjoern)
+ also well worth splitting out constants / typedefs etc. (Michael)
+ lots of other cases to use.
* Performance (Bjoern)
+ SwNode / BigPtrArray foo ...
+ looked at how many SwNodeIndexes we register
+ ran with the unit test: 40k iterators registered in 1 document.
+ sounds really ... odd (but with debug builds)
+ looked at Kendy's branch too
+ best to solve the indexes thing first
+ indexes of whole array, so can't move anything around
without changing it.
+ move SwNodeIndexes from the whole thing, to the
index they're registered at.
+ is there a profile that shows we spend significant time
in these node indexes (Michael S)
+ or is this a theoretical problem ?
+ valid question (Bjoern)
+ try to have some other data structure & see.
+ surely should profile before optimizing (Michael)
+ seen lots of silliness around, but not this yet.
+ purpose of Kendy's branch is to also move to something
similar to a piece-table approach (Kendy)
+ to get somewhere closer.
+ which test-case is it ? (Miklos)
+ the one you mentioned had a lot of documents, in
real-world docs - wouldn't be surprised.
+ bookmark: 2x indexes, red-lines 2x per red-line
+ other unit-tests had 1k -> 5k range (Bjoern)
+ may be a bug, or perhaps normal (Miklos)
* ODF plugfest update (Michael)
+ ~50 attendees, lots of SMEs & ~10x ODF implementations
+ Google - committed to improved ODF: 1.2
+ tested & latest Google Docs ODF is awesome:
ODS has charts, styles, formats etc.
+ Lots of automated tests written (a lot by Andras)
+ Change tracking progress
+ Next plug-fest expected in June in the Netherlands
* QA stats:
+134 -130 (+4 overall)
many thanks to the top bug squashers:
Caolán McNamara 24
Michael Stahl 10
Jean-Baptiste Faure 9
Eike Rathke 8
Markus Mohrhard 7
Adolfo Jayme 6
Miklos Vajna 5
Julien Nabet 5
* Open 4.5 MAB
* Open 4.4 MAB
+ 7/24 7/22 5/19 4/18 3/17 3/16 3/16 4/16 5/15 4/14 3/12 3/12 3/12 7/12
29% 31% 26% 22% 17%
* Open 4.3 MAB
+ 84/146 58/117 33/90 19/73 17/65 16/64 16/64 15/63 16/63 16/60 17/61 16/60
57% 49% 36% 26% 26% 25% 18% 23% 25% 26% 27% 26%
* Open 4.2 MAB
+ 5/208 38/232 63/255 74/261 83/266 81/263 84/262 82/260 80/260 82/260 86/257
2% 16% 24% 28% 31% 30% 32% 31% 30% 31% 33%
* Bibisected bugs open: whiteboard 'bibsected'
+ 208/526 182/488 190/481 189/475 190/470 173/446 170/441 161/427 153/413
* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
+ 454(-19) bugs open of 3257(+9) total
* ~Component count net *
Writer - 137 (-0)
Spreadsheet - 93 (-10)
Presentation - 30 (+0)
Database - 27 (+0)
Crashes - 26 (-5)
Libreoffice - 25 (-1)
UI - 24 (+0)
Drawing - 21 (-1)
Graphics - 20 (-1)
Borders - 20 (+0)
Chart - 14 (-1)
Filters - 13 (-2)
Print / PDF - 10 (-3)
BASIC - 5 (+0)
Linguistic - 3 (+0)
Installation - 3 (+0)
Extensions - 3 (+0)
framework - 2 (+0)
Formula - 2 (+0)
sdk - 1 (+0)
Impress Remote - 0 (+0)
firstname.lastname@example.org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- [libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ... · Michael Meeks
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy