On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Florian Reisinger
<florei@libreoffice.org> wrote:
Hi,

As you see in the bottom of my initial mail managing and keeping the database up to date (use
case 2,3) and getting the data into a JS variable (part of 1) I am lacking skills....

So help appriciated... (No JS reqired, just MySQL, PHP and HTML)
And the biggest question in my opinion is: How to update stuff? Do you need a password or shall
we work with a submit form and do editing manually.... Should be review the submit form etc....

Let's see... so we have some geo-information about the US/Canada people here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/US/Members

That page uses a pretty consistent format that could be scraped and
translated into lat/long coords. We could expand into as many other
countries as you like.

I would suggest that people not add their full personal addresses to a
public resource, or even to a private db that pumps out precise GPS
coords, just for privacy considerations. For the US list we have City
(or region) and State, and I think that's probably going to give us
accurate-enough points to place on a map.

So for the database work I would need some help, I do not know how the database design should
work, but finding some people which help here might be good ^^

@all: OSM or GMaps? Anyone with a helping hand?

If a lightweight solution like TDF Wiki + scraper + OSM overlay sounds
good, I might know a couple of people who could help out with that.

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon