Hi Florian, Robert,
Le 01/07/2014 18:00, Florian Reisinger a écrit :
Hi,

We at the de-discuss list thought it would be a good idea to have
everyone contributing to LibO on one map, filterable by skills etc.

=> Do you like the idea?

Thanks for posting here and as you know I like it very much :)

I do not want any discussion about Open Source vs Closed source or NSA
vs German Server or, which is likely more important, Google Maps vs OSM....
Nevertheless I will refer to the solutions created by Robert G. and
myself as OSM and GMaps....

OSM: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map/map.html
GMaps: http://florei-libo.115.at/DE/map/ [The ads are, because it is a
free web server]

As my solution is the GMaps solution I will point out the positive
things of this solution and the negative things of OSM:
== GMaps ==
+Easy to use API
+Looks clean
+Good look and feel on tablets
+Can use name and city as location ("Hamburg, Deutschland") [Also local
names as you see here]
== OSM ==
-No gestures on tablets
-Need to search for the coordinates somewhere
[Cannot tell about the API, as I did the other]

=> Please comment here for other advantages or disadvantages, please
make sure to have a llook at it on a tablet as this is the big downsiode
of OSM IMHO

=> Please comment which skills we should list

all the skills represented in the projects Dev, QA, l10n, Infra,
Website, Doc, Marketing, Support and whatever I forget

=> Should we list the different languages

no, as we are showing countries, we should avoid pointing languages.

There are three use-cases:
1) Display the UI for the user
2) Add data to MySQL table
3) Make sure data is up-to-date

If we do GMaps, I will do the best for the UI part, but I need help to
set up a JS-array from a MySQL-table... If we do OSM, I likely won't do
it, but feel free to choose OSM

=> Anyone helping with use-cases?

=> Any further comments?

May be later. Again, thanks a lot to both of you :)

Cheers
Sophie