Hello Florian, Robert,

I like the idea. I suppose it is not difficult to register oneself? It is a good marketing tool if
properly used.

Cheers,

Charles.

On 1 juillet 2014 18:00:25 CEST, Florian Reisinger <florei@libreoffice.org> wrote:
Hi,

We at the de-discuss list thought it would be a good idea to have
everyone contributing to LibO on one map, filterable by skills etc.

=> Do you like the idea?

I do not want any discussion about Open Source vs Closed source or NSA
vs German Server or, which is likely more important, Google Maps vs
OSM....
Nevertheless I will refer to the solutions created by Robert G. and
myself as OSM and GMaps....

OSM: http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map/map.html
GMaps: http://florei-libo.115.at/DE/map/ [The ads are, because it is a
free web server]

As my solution is the GMaps solution I will point out the positive
things of this solution and the negative things of OSM:
== GMaps ==
+Easy to use API
+Looks clean
+Good look and feel on tablets
+Can use name and city as location ("Hamburg, Deutschland") [Also local

names as you see here]
== OSM ==
-No gestures on tablets
-Need to search for the coordinates somewhere
[Cannot tell about the API, as I did the other]

=> Please comment here for other advantages or disadvantages, please
make sure to have a llook at it on a tablet as this is the big
downsiode
of OSM IMHO

=> Please comment which skills we should list
=> Should we list the different languages

There are three use-cases:
1) Display the UI for the user
2) Add data to MySQL table
3) Make sure data is up-to-date

If we do GMaps, I will do the best for the UI part, but I need help to
set up a JS-array from a MySQL-table... If we do OSM, I likely won't do

it, but feel free to choose OSM

=> Anyone helping with use-cases?

=> Any further comments?

[Heading to football game now]