Hello,

TL;DR:The infra team is close to the final decision for ticketing and project management.

I'd like to give you a brief update on the project management software. I have now tested the Redmine forks/derivatives OpenProject and ChiliProject. Both seem to be based on Redmine 1.x (current version is 2.x), but are rather comparable in terms of functionality. Slight differences occur (e.g. OpenProject can send tickets in the language of the account holder rather than in English), but per se, they seem to be very comparable.

One "killer feature" for me is to create private tickets, e.g. with confidential data, or private comments - both of which Redmine supports, the others don't.

In a nutshell: Right now, Redmine is my clear favorite, and I'd like to soon come to a final decision. Cloph and I have been started to use Redmine for a real life evaluation, and so far it performs quite well.

Some annoying drawbacks I've found so far:

1. You can only assign a ticket to someone who's a member of the respective project. So, e.g. Italo as member of certification could not be assigned a ticket in infrastructure, where he is no member.

2. There are no default owners for tickets, only for ticket categories (which have to be chosen explictly).

3. You cannot have third parties/externals be notified via e-mail about a ticket status. Everyone needs an account at Redmine.

Nothing of that is a real deal breaker for me, but I still wanted to mention it.

Hopefully this week, the admin team plans a final call on the topic to see whether to make the switch from OTRS, and what the advantages and disadvantages are.

I'd like to soon finish that topic, so thoughts welcome. :-)

Florian