Hi,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote on 2014-01-15 03:30:
This is exciting and good news! Does this also mean that OTRS will very likely
be decommissioned? Assuming so, I removed references by gerrit still around (I
hope I got them all).

that question is undecided yet.

Redmine and OTRS have two different uses (IMHO): While Redmine is more an internal project management system, OTRS is rather a ticketing system.

For my uses, I rather need some sort of project management, not so much a ticketing system. However, I know that Andreas and Alin from the infra team have needs for ticketing.

I personally would like to avoid too many tools, but if there is a concrete case that Redmine (or one of its forks) can't fulfill, we probably won't shutdown OTRS - it's undecided yet, and we'll let you know in time of course. We won't pull the plug from one day to another. :-)

Talking of that: Anyone here on this list who also has a concrete need for ticketing in the way OTRS provides? Any "killer application" I have missed?

Florian