Linux installation guide on the site

Hello,

Not a widely seen page of our site:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

I am redoing it for the new website but I think some of the info there
needs update. Any guidance appreciated, otherwise I'll rewrite it
entirely, but it will be shorter.

Thanks!

Hi Charles, *,

I am redoing it for the new website but I think some of the info there
needs update.

I'd go for a command line only instructions, as people don't necessarily
know that nautilus is the file manager or use gnome...

And the desktop-integration subdirectory is no more. There's only the
freedesktop-menus rpm (and the Debian one for the Debs)

Any guidance appreciated, otherwise I'll rewrite it
entirely, but it will be shorter.

Shorter is better. Strip the how to download stuff..

* open terminal
* extract the downloaded tar balls (tar -xf filename) (all at once)
* install RPMs. Just use plain rpm, no need to use system specific tool as
there are no dependencies that need to be resolved:
rpm -Uhv LibreOffice*/RPMS/*.rpm

Done.
Replace the last line with the corresponding deb command.

Ciao
Christian

Do we still need to remove/purge the last version of LO for a DEB install?
You use to.