On 08/23/2013 07:49 AM, Mihkel Tõnnov wrote:
2013/8/23 bjoern <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com>

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 05:02:01PM +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
builds download page at

  http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/
and users of Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) find a build in the LibreOffice 4.0
ppa at:

https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-4-0?field.series_filter=raring

Hi all,

Is there any reason why these PPAs only contain localisations into a select
few locales?

Best regards,
Mihkel

I am wondering about why you are using PPAs instead of downloading and
installing LO directly?  Yes there is some "ease of use" to have the
newest LO version[s] in an repository-like option, but how hard is it to
just use a Terminal to install LO?  That is the only way I have been
installing LO, since it first came out all those year ago, on my Ubuntu
systems.

AS for the "locales selection", it would be nice to know which ones you
want to see.  With so many locales to choose from, I think the PPA
people decided to list the ones that they thought were "popular".  That
is just a guess of course.

As a person who has created a DVD .iso of the LO installs for
distribution, it is hard to list a lot of locales and have links to them
in the language and help pack section of the install page.  I had to
choose the ones I thought would be most used in my region of the world.
I have been thinking about adding a number of them on the disc that are
not listed, but told you can find them on the DVD in such-n-such
folder.  But there are how many locales?  Over 100?  I already download
about 90 install files.  I would have to download over 1000 more files
to get all of the language and help packs onto my disc for all of the
install versions, i.e. Windows, MacOSX [Intel and PPC], Linux [DEB and
RPM].  That is a lot of work.  I do not have the ability to copy" the
entire set of folders that contain all of the install files and their
packs., so I would have to download all 1000+ files one at a time.  That
is a lot of work.