[ANN] LibreOffice 4.1.0 RC3 available

Dear Community,

The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the third release
candidate of our new LibreOffice 4.1. The upcoming 4.1 will be our
sixth major release in two and a half years, and comes with a nice set
of new features. Please be aware that LibreOffice 4.1 RC3 is not ready
yet for production use, you should continue to use LibreOffice 4.0.4
for that.

Provided no showstoppers are found, no further release candidates are
planned.

You can find a (work-in-progress) list of new features for 4.1 on this
page - please feel free to extend with stuff we've missed, or amend
text-only descriptions with nice screenshots:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.1

The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
builds download page at

  http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

Should you find bugs, please report them to the FreeDesktop Bugzilla:

  https://bugs.freedesktop.org

A good way to assess the release candidate quality is to run some
specific manual tests on it, our TCM wiki page has more details:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Regression_Tests#Full_Regression_Test

For other ways to get involved with this exciting project - you can
e.g. contribute code:

  http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/

translate LibreOffice to your language:

  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice_Localization_Guide

or help with funding our operations:

  http://donate.libreoffice.org/

A list of known issues and fixed bugs with 4.1.0 RC3 is available
from our wiki:

  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/4.1.0/RC3

Let us close again with a BIG Thank You! to all of you having
contributed to the LibreOffice project - this release would not have
been possible without your help.

Yours,

The Document Foundation Board of Directors

The release is available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X from our QA
builds download page at

  http://www.libreoffice.org/download/pre-releases/

And Ubuntu users find a packaged build in the pre-releases PPA at:

https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/libreoffice-prereleases

with builds for Ubuntu saucy (13.10), Ubuntu 13.04 (raring) and Ubuntu 12.04
LTS precise. A big "Thank you!" to Rico Tzschichholz for providing the backports
this timely.

Best,

Bjoern