Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


as discussed on the ESC the global header move script is at:

and worked fine on Linux, and the plan is to execute it on master if it is
building on all platforms and if there is a proper advance warning. This is
that warning. ;)

I rebased the change on master today only to find master not even building from
scratch on Linux because of test failures. Because of that I didnt even try to
set the gerrit buildbot on it, and instead used the last known good state of
master (the one I pushed it the script to gerrit with), executed the move and
scheduled a gerrit build agianst that:

That build succeeds on Linux and Windows, but fails again on OSX *sigh* due to
as it seems another unrelated master breakage, preventing me _again_ to check
if this works on all platforms. So this has to be played into the dark

I plan to execute the global header move on Tuesday, 2013-04-23, hoping that
the weekend changes are merged on Monday and the master is in a reasonable
state then. The plan is as follows:
- I will rebase the script against master on 2013-04-23 1200 UTC and again
  execute and trigger the build on gerrit
- if that succeeds, I will push'n execute the script on 2013-04-23 2000 UTC 
  expecting it was not broken by intermediate commits
- if the tinderboxes did not finish in time, I will only wait for OS X as the
  other platforms have been proven to work on other master states already
- if that fails for reasons obviously based in the script itself, I will check
  if I can fix/workaround the issue or if the move needs to be postponed --
  thats what we have the buildbot for
- if it fails on a platform and it becomes apparent its because master was
  broken on that platform before, I WILL execute the move anyway. 
- If you broke master on a platform by the time of the move, I fully expect YOU
  to fix that up, even with the extra pain of the header move.

tl;dr: Dont break master, but especially dont break master on 2013-04-23!

Master will of course stay open for all as usual, but remember that:

a/ If you have doubts of any kind, you can just push to gerrit to get a testbuild
b/ Even if you do not get a testbuild, you can simply "park" your commit on
   gerrit to merge/cherry-pick it to master on Wednesday after the move
   "... people make 1-liner changes, knowing it cant POSSIBLY break, right?"
                                          "(audience giggles uncomfortably)"
   Please avoid doing so -- in general, but even more so on Tuesday ;)



Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.