Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


Hi all,

below the meeting minutes, thanks to MeetBot (only minor corrections done). If
you see anything in vital need of correction, please speak up now.

Best,

Bjoern

=====================================
#libreoffice-dev: ESC call 2013-01-24
=====================================


Meeting started by Sweetshark at 15:12:52 UTC.  The full logs are
available at
http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org/meetbot/libreoffice-dev/2013/libreoffice-dev.2013-01-24-15.12.log.html
.



Meeting summary
---------------

* Last-time Action Items  (Sweetshark, 15:14:00)
  * ACTION: find person who can write and add off-line help for
    impress-remote (Thorsten)  (Sweetshark, 15:14:48)
  * in progress: get tshirts / hoodies printed (kendy)  (Sweetshark,
    15:15:33)
  * ACTION: create/request mail alias for certification (Bjoern)
    (Sweetshark, 15:15:51)
  * ACTION: inprogress: Bugzilla attachments not set to autodetect
    (Bjoern)  (Sweetshark, 15:16:02)
  * ACTION: Update gsoc ideas page before FOSDEM  (Sweetshark, 15:16:29)
  * LINK: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Gsoc/Ideas
    (all)  (Sweetshark, 15:16:51)
  * ACTION: in progress: Investigate native build/env scripts for SDK
    (Bjoern)  (Sweetshark, 15:17:22)
  * sberg and Sweetshark will look at SDK together  (Sweetshark,
    15:19:23)
  * ACTION: in progress: completing generic / Linux builds -> RedHat
    (Caolan)  (Sweetshark, 15:20:18)

* Pending Action Items  (Sweetshark, 15:20:25)
  * completed: decision on whether to switch back to old floppy save
    (Astron)  (Sweetshark, 15:22:58)
  * ACTION: regression catching on tinderbox, Figure out time-out issues
    (Markus)  (Sweetshark, 15:23:31)
  * completed: FOSDEM: misc. new interop. feature and their development,
    Markus will write to Italo to add Eilidh's talk (Markus)
    (Sweetshark, 15:23:48)
  * LINK: https://fosdem.org/2013/schedule/track/libreoffice/  (moggi,
    15:23:59)
  * ACTION: Presenter console patches 4-0 backport (Michael M)
    (Sweetshark, 15:24:21)
  * completed: come up with / improve the existing concrete funding
    request for build hardware => board budget (Thorsten)  (Sweetshark,
    15:25:13)
  * ACTION: STLPort removal - release-note: Document dropping the DLL
    and the VS run-time on the system in the release-notes (Fridrich)
    (Sweetshark, 15:25:32)
  * ACTION: full-word selection / editing ergonomics cf. UX-advise
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46517 pending input
    from Caolan / Cedric / Michael S  (Sweetshark, 15:26:08)
  * ACTION: create a new AmbitiousHacks wiki page, based on GSOC page
    (Michael M)  (Sweetshark, 15:26:20)
  * ACTION: in progress: investigate re-using Win32 binary signing for
    Mac (Thorsten)  (Sweetshark, 15:27:35)
  * ACTION: on-line help for impress-remote would be useful, help
    appreciated  (Sweetshark, 15:28:41)
  * LINK: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=58699
    (Sweetshark, 15:28:53)
  * ACTION: add off-line help and it'll appear on-line (kendy)
    (Sweetshark, 15:29:59)
  * might be better next week with new stuff by floeff  (Sweetshark,
    15:29:59)
  * ACTION: minimal triage for good mentors for proposed easy hacks
    (Bjoern)  (Sweetshark, 15:30:03)
  * ACTION: disable Rhino / Beanshell unless in experimental mode
    (Michael M)  (Sweetshark, 15:30:06)
  * ACTION: tweak the configure defaults, no submodules by default, no
    gnome-vfs (Kendy)  (Sweetshark, 15:30:13)

* Release Engineering update (Petr)  (Sweetshark, 15:30:22)
  * 4.0.0 rc ready and pushed to mirror  (Sweetshark, 15:33:05)
  * Jan 28 rc3 date, triple review, lets be careful  (Sweetshark,
    15:33:06)
  * any known issues?  (Sweetshark, 15:33:06)
  * android remote to 4.0.0 or 4.0 branch (Thorsten)  (Sweetshark,
    15:33:06)
  * ACCEPTED: android to 4.0 branch, not 4.0.0 -- more relaxed reviews
    (Sweetshark, 15:34:43)
  * template manager remote repos moved to experimental features (
    schoinobates )  (Sweetshark, 15:36:01)
  * 3.6.5 rc2 will go final next week if there are no issues. if you
    know about regressions speak up now  (Sweetshark, 15:37:06)

* UX Update (Astron)  (Sweetshark, 15:37:31)
  * template manager progress  (Sweetshark, 15:37:39)
  * restore menu entries? no, we shouldnt at all (Astron)  (Sweetshark,
    15:38:33)
  * LINK: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/1787  (Sweetshark, 15:39:03)
  * (Thorsten) has string changes, might cause trouble/extra work
    (Sweetshark, 15:40:41)
  * Andras: also not happty about string changes  (Sweetshark, 15:41:15)
  * ACCEPTED: reject patch for now/postpone the patch  (Sweetshark,
    15:42:49)
  * personas punted, kendy not in the call -- some issue need to be
    disccussed  (Sweetshark, 15:43:46)
  * Ubuntu font excluded so far on licensing ground, forbid renaming is
    a blocker/problem  (Sweetshark, 15:45:57)
  * ACTION: clarify at Canonical (Bjoern)  (Sweetshark, 15:46:18)
  * not available on most distros because of legal review  (Sweetshark,
    15:47:30)

* FOSDEM Update (Markus)  (Sweetshark, 15:48:22)
  * LINK:
    https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Events/Fosdem2013Stand
    (moggi, 15:48:33)
  * bring hardware to FOSDEM!  (Sweetshark, 15:49:49)
  * poke Thorsten for that.  (Sweetshark, 15:50:34)

* Features  (Sweetshark, 15:50:47)
  * please update: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.0
    (Sweetshark, 15:50:51)

* 4.0 pending tasks  (Sweetshark, 15:51:35)
  * MySQL connector compat issues  (Sweetshark, 15:51:39)
  * comments on the bugs: recompile against 4.0 for stlport drop
    (Sweetshark, 15:52:38)
  * who releases, publishes that? TDF would host, if someone would
    build? Thorsten: maybe not even then, needs further resaerch.
    (Sweetshark, 15:54:57)
  * ACTION: Thorsten looking into the MySQL stuff  (Sweetshark,
    15:56:53)
  * binfilter: warn on legacy file-types with helpful dialog (no owner)
    (Sweetshark, 15:57:03)
  * drop Mozilla mess in the tree: lots of cleanup in configure
    (Sweetshark, 15:57:55)
  * LINK: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56902
    (Sweetshark, 15:57:55)
  * we need Outlook/O Express drivers for windows to completely drop it.
    (Sweetshark, 15:59:15)
  * Unix / LDAP addressbook support disappeared, close that wontfix &
    release-note it ?  (Sweetshark, 15:59:23)
  * LINK: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57417
    (Sweetshark, 15:59:26)
  * no major distro uses that  (Sweetshark, 16:01:07)
  * evolution2 enabled in the upstream TDF build  (Sweetshark, 16:01:58)
  * OSX state unknown  (Sweetshark, 16:02:12)

* Proposed easy-hacks -> Easy Hacks (Joel)  (Sweetshark, 16:02:44)
  * devs to to build code-pointers or clear proposed easy-hack for
    these:  (Sweetshark, 16:02:45)
  * LINK:
    
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=147895&status_whiteboard_type=anywordssubstr&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=ProposedEasyHack&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&product=LibreOffice
    (Sweetshark, 16:02:48)
  * make them real EAsyHacks or unpropose them  (Sweetshark, 16:03:38)

* HardHacks (Joel)  (Sweetshark, 16:03:49)
  * LINK: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HardHacks  (Sweetshark,
    16:03:49)
  * mostly suspended until post 4.0 release.  (Sweetshark, 16:03:49)
  * on hold  (Sweetshark, 16:04:09)

* google play account created  (Sweetshark, 16:04:16)
  * who wants access?  (Sweetshark, 16:04:16)
  * thorsten raises hand for impress remote  (thorsten, 16:05:04)

* QA update (Joel)  (Sweetshark, 16:05:28)
  * REOPENED vs. UNCONFIRMED discussion  (Sweetshark, 16:05:28)
  * discussion needs to be reopened  (Sweetshark, 16:07:02)
  * LINK:
    
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=205374&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=REOPENED&version=4.0.0.0.alpha0%2B%20Master&version=4.0.0.0.alpha1&version=4.0.0.0.beta1&version=4.1.0.0.alpha0%2B%20Master&version=4.0.0.0.beta2&version=4.0.0.1%20rc&produc
    (jmadero, 16:07:15)
  * current consensus doesnt work too well  (Sweetshark, 16:07:16)
  * please look at these:  (Sweetshark, 16:07:40)
  * LINK:
    
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=205374&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=REOPENED&version=4.0.0.0.alpha0%2B%20Master&version=4.0.0.0.alpha1&version=4.0.0.0.beta1&version=4.1.0.0.alpha0%2B%20Master&version=4.0.0.0.beta2&version=4.0.0.1%20rc&produc
    (Sweetshark, 16:07:49)
  * we can now "ban" abusive users on fdo  (Sweetshark, 16:08:36)
  * hope we never need it  (Sweetshark, 16:08:43)
  * LINK:
    https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FreeDesktop_Rules_Procedures
    (jmadero, 16:08:45)

* poll for libreoffice conference  (Sweetshark, 16:12:13)
  * ACTION: all member: do your duty and vote!  (Sweetshark, 16:12:32)

* GSOC updates  (Sweetshark, 16:13:37)
  * ACTION: update your GSoC stuff  (Sweetshark, 16:13:52)



Meeting ended at 16:14:08 UTC.



Action items, by person
-----------------------

* caolan
  * in progress: completing generic / Linux builds -> RedHat (Caolan)
  * full-word selection / editing ergonomics cf. UX-advise
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46517 pending input
    from Caolan / Cedric / Michael S
* Fridrich
  * STLPort removal - release-note: Document dropping the DLL and the VS
    run-time on the system in the release-notes (Fridrich)
* thorsten
  * find person who can write and add off-line help for impress-remote
    (Thorsten)
  * in progress: investigate re-using Win32 binary signing for Mac
    (Thorsten)
  * Thorsten looking into the MySQL stuff
* Bjoern/Sweetshark
  * create/request mail alias for certification (Bjoern)
  * in progress: Bugzilla attachments not set to autodetect (Bjoern)
  * in progress: Investigate native build/env scripts for SDK (Bjoern)
  * minimal triage for good mentors for proposed easy hacks (Bjoern)
* Michael Meeks/mmeeks
  * Presenter console patches 4-0 backport (Michael M)
  * create a new AmbitiousHacks wiki page, based on GSOC page (Michael
    M)
  * disable Rhino / Beanshell unless in experimental mode (Michael M)
  * clarify Ubuntu font licensing at Canonical (Bjoern)
* kendy
  * add off-line help and it'll appear on-line (kendy)
  * tweak the configure defaults, no submodules by default, no gnome-vfs
    (Kendy)
* Markus
  * regression catching on tinderbox, Figure out time-out issues
    (Markus)
* all
  * Update gsoc ideas page before FOSDEM
  * on-line help for impress-remote would be useful, help appreciated
  * all members: do your duty and vote on conference location!
  * update your GSoC stuff


People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* Sweetshark (96)
* _rene_ (29)
* jmadero (28)
* jorendc (18)
* thorsten (14)
* caolan (11)
* IZBot (9)
* schoinobates (5)
* floeff (4)
* shm_get (3)
* cbosdonnat (3)
* kohei_ (3)
* moggi (3)
* vmiklos (3)
* loirkerbot (3)
* sknorr (2)
* bubli (2)
* erAck (1)
* matus (1)
* pmladek (1)
* sberg (1)
* timar (1)
* jcorrius (1)
* tibbylickle (1)
* Fridrich (1)
* mst__ (1)
* astron (0)

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to projects+help@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.