Bonjour Sophie,

Le 2012-11-07 05:47, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

But Italo, it's not about the brand here, I agree with you that we
should stress LibreOffice instead of any other name for our suite or the
international community.

We are talking here about the name of the language communities we
represent and we need a unique name that show the world who we are and
the work we are doing for this product and the overall community.
We need a name that is easy to use, easy to remember, with no ambiguity
about the languages vs countries.

Even if we keep the name LibreOffice Native-Language Project - in short
LONLP ;-), there is no issue at all, what I would like is that everybody
behind this name feel happy with it and feel part of it wherever we
speak about it. I think that this is what Charles was asking to them.

Kind regards
Sophie

Just FYI, we had debated the use of LO and had agreed that the pronunciation in EN "LO" came too close to the word "Low" which could easily be used to belittle our office suite by competitors.

I would suggest that using "LO" would not be a good choice for this reason.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré