On 05/11/2012 19:28, Italo Vignoli wrote:
LibO was created to stop a lengthy discussion on the pronunciation
problem of LibreOffice, which is now over.

So you'll find the same conversation for a native language community. We
need to be able to pronounce our name ;)
 Unfortunately, although I
like it, it has contributed to the dilution of our brand equity and we
should now try to avoid to use it for new names, while I would not
change old and established ones.

I think that this name is more internal and we should let our
contributors use the name they prefer. It's very important for those
projects to recognize themselves as part of the overall project and if
LibO is the one, let's use it. The brand will benefit of any names where
the community is behind.

So, I would not change LibOCon and LibOx, and any other name we already
use, but I would try to use Libre as much as we can for new names, in
order to strengthen the "libre" concept and association.

Libre is very difficult to pronounce for lot of us, so let stick with
something that is easier for our language communities to feel united.

Kind regards
Sophie