Hello all,

Several volunteers have approached board and MC members about one
seemingly secondary issue, which has not been dealt in any way since the
beginning of the LibreOffice project: what structure, and what name,
should we give to the former Native-langage projects that are even to
this day an essential and invaluable part of our community.

A short reminder of what native-language projects are: they're not only
localization projects. They do translation (localization) of
LibreOffice, users support in a specific language, local promotion and
marketing, documentation translation, QA of localized builds, etc.

Because of that, the name is somewhat a  non-trivial decision, and it
also calls for a more formalized structure of these teams.

I thought I would start this discussion as I was the lead of the
"Native-Language Confederation" during the times of the old
OpenOffice.org project. Now I no longer work on this, but at least some
of you know me :-) .

Your ideas are welcome.

best,
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,