Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


Attending:      Fridrich, Thorsten, Lionel, David Tardon, Stephan, Markus,
                Andras, Joel, Radek, Eric, Eike, Cedric, Björn, Astron,
                Michael S, Norbert, Michael M, Kohei, Kendy

* Completed Action Items
        + simplify / improve the QA / debugging page (Michael M)
          
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport#Providing_extra_information_for_the_developers
                + many thanks to Petr for the pretty wrapper wins.
        + issues to look into if we can
                + HH: fdo#44278 picture duplication on save (Cedric)
                        + now back-ported to 3.6
                + HH: fdo#47283 - writer undo / change-tracking interaction (Michael S)
                + HHL fdo#46100 - calc undo / delete sheet crash (Markus)
                + fdo#54225, fdo#54744 PDF export regressions (Stephan)
                + fdo#53673 - Labels broken with mailmerge (Winfried Donkers)
        + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/502/ (Bjoern to review)
            + superseded by patch 629 ibid.
        + change to contract and OSL_TRACE for oob results in OUString::copy (Michael)
        + make bytemark windows box do release builds (Fridrich)
                + complete but takes 24 hours
        + gerrit add: private/<username>/branches (Norbert)

* Pending Action Items
        + Petr to decide release-schedule / overlap gap issue
        + create a new AmbitiousHacks wiki page, based on GSOC page (Michael M)
        + [in progress] enable automatic help build / sync. on a cron-job (Kendy)
                + script written, testing it for deployment
        + issues to look into if we can
                + fdo#34548 - review Michael's patch (Thorsten)
                + fdo#55290 - master doesn't install on windows (dtardon)
                + fdo#55360 - mac specific text issue (Thorsten)

* Release Engineering update (Fridrich)
        + vacation / quality report (deferred - Petr sadly ill)
        + 3.6.2 retrospective
                + released
        + should we enable on-line updates to 3.6.2 ?
                + accidentally skipped / discuss next week.
        + 3.5.7 retrospective
                + rc2 uploading, needed because of crasher docx regression
                + more lenient since 3.5.7 being last scheduled release
        * 3.6.3 rc1
                + monday deadline for fixes
                + branch on tuesday - then three reviews
                + tinderboxes on -3-6 over weekend
        + reconsider schedule on monday

* UI / design update (Astron)
        + unchanged
        + no chat last week

* Saxon split-out (DTardon)
        + xslt export filters (java, saxon based)
        + new one, baed on libxslt (written by peter)
        + for possible backward compat, still ship saxon
                + drop saxon from install
                + don't know if anybody needs it - put it into extension
        + where to put the extension ?
                + package on extensions.libro
        + source code outside core repos
    + decision: David to go ahead with this

* conference (Thorsten)
        + in-person ESC meeting 16th October, 17:00 at the venue.
                + topics for an extended agenda appreciated ...
                + your pitch for sanity here :-)

        **      PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE OCTOBER 8TH      **

        + http://conference.libreoffice.org/@@register-for-the-conference
                + speakers please just enter "No" for have you paid;
                  that is a valid option.

AI:     + folks without a hotel - mail thb / sweetshark (for couchsurfing/rooms)

* git submodules / rename (Norbert)
        + code-wise done, features/submodules branch
        + does it work when you go across the migration?
        + testings appreciated!
        + doc writing in progress
        + once doc is done, when to do that?
        + each of the four repos - rename files in all submodules - that
          means, if you have a patch, across the boundaries, you need to
          manipulate the patch
        + proposed submodule migration at the conference.

* bibisect goodness (Norbert)
        + experimented on mac, collected every build on mac, 900 builds,
          resulting repo is 2.1G -> too big
                + collect only once a day
        + collecting the windows ones too
                + 700M - builds are less frequent
        + an advanced QA / user is able to bibisect it down to 50 commits

* sysadmin contract / work ...
AI:     + ping Tollef (Bjoern)

* distro/suse/suse-3.6 branch: input appreciated (Kendy/Michael)
        + want to get our product work into public git
        + all patches are upstreamed anyway, but this makes things better for all
        + since it's the same code - branch should be small size-wise
        + problem: lots of tags for customer / PTF builds - 20-30 tags per release
                + is that ok ? concerned about amount of tags ?
        + normally people don't get the tags (Norbert)
                + only fetch tags for branches you have checked out by default
        + lionel: already >2000 tags, who cares about some more
        + resolution: check this in, tags and all
        + clean legacy tags at end of support life if a problem.

* QA update (Joel)
        + QA meet-up next in Essen report ...
        + FDO font-size issue
                + some gmail users having problems with <pre>tag</pre> sizes
                + really a browser mis-configuration
                + Joel to educate around a fix.
        + help getting people together for triage
                + http://doodle.com/3tfr888ma5cgkww4

* QA / Hard-Hacks
        * new wiki page to handle hard-hacks:
                + https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HardHacks
AI:     + HH: fdo#51023 impress D&D crasher - (Radek)
        + fdo#37580, fdo#34548 - impress issues, may be some indicees
          handling issue creating many related bugs.

* Closed 3.7 MAB: (with thanks to)
        + bug 54744 - Hybrid PDF export are corrupted (Stephan)
        + bug 54225 - MAILMERGE e-mail as PDF sends damaged documents (Stephan)
        + bug 55524 - UI: hang when accessing "Insert -> Manual Break..." (Caolan)
        + bug 55350 - Letter spacing and ‘expand single word’ bust (Sergey Farbotka)

* Open 3.7 MAB / regressions [ there should be none ]:
        + bug 55290 - LOdev 3.7 won't install [ on Windows ]. Error 1935 (dtardon)
        + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=54157&hide_resolved=1

* 3.6 most annoying bugs ...
    + 44 (of 139) older 46/137 45/132 44/127 39/119 27/96 26/91 21/80 11/58
          32%            34%    34%    35%     33%   28%   29%   26%   19%
    + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=44446&hide_resolved=1

* 3.5 most annoying bugs ...
    + 81 open (of 279) older 82/279 83/279 80/270 81/269 73/258 73/257 76/256
          29%                 29%    30%    30%    30%    26%    28%    30%
    + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=37361&hide_resolved=1

* 3.5 bugs tagged with 'regression'
    + 179(+2) bugs open of 833(+13) total

    * ~Component   count net *
    + Writer       - 81 (+6)
    + Crashes      - 18 (-2)
    + Presentation - 17 (+0)
    + LibreOffice  - 14 (-1)
    + Borders      - 13 (+1)
    + Drawing      - 13 (+0)
    + Database     - 13 (-1)
    + Migration    - 10 (+0)
    + Spreadsheet  - 9  (-2)
    + Writer / RTF - 2  (+0)
    + Basic        - 2  (+0)

    + 
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=regression%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&resolution=---&query_format=advanced&product=LibreOffice&list_id=36764
    + Migration tracker: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43489

-- Thorsten

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to projects+help@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.