Hi all,

here are the minutes of todays QA call.

attending: Florian, Petr, Rainer, Bjoern

pending action items:
   - write update scenario testcase in Litmus/MozTrap (Kendy)
   - Set Cor up with the Community/Forum maintainers at the distros
     to better propagate Hackfests, Bug Hunting Sessions etc.
     RedHat, Debian, Gentoo still missing
+  - Invite active bugwranglers to next call/QA list, CC Rainer (Bjoern)
   - merge 3.5 and 3.6 in one big bibisect repo (Bjoern)
   - recheck and tweak bibisect details (Bjoern)

completed action items:
   - Update/Create active triagers wiki page (Cor/Rainer) dropped
   - collect further ideas for spending a dedicated resource (Cor/Rainer)
     mostly finished, BoD request approved
   - update bugwrangling docs to say CC instead of assign (Rainer)

structured manual testing (Yifan/Petr):
   - no news

bug wrangling (Rainer):
   - Board of Directors approved budget for Bugzilla improvement, pending SPI
     (Bjoern)
   - Bugzilla improvements (Rainer)
     - priorities: performance, OpenID, reporter confirmation, extensions,
       OpenHatch/MediaWiki, version nagger (Bjoern)
     - search email improvement a la SUSE bugzilla would be useful (Petr)
AI:  - research how it is done on SUSE/if there is a ready-to-use-extension for
       it (Petr)
     - MediaWiki integration would be useful in general bug now prefixes
       "EasyHack" everywhere (Rainer)
AI:    - Ping cloph if we can make that switchable to say "Bug" instead of
         "EasyHack" when explicitly requested (Bjoern)
   - bugzilla LibreOffice version format
     - long thread on the list
     - conclusion: go with 3.6.0.0.beta1 style(?), starting with 3.6.0.0.beta2
AI:    - authoritive close of thread (Rainer/Petr)
AI:  - adapt script to new version theme (Markus)
   - localized bug reporting (question via Olivier Hallot)
     - we could set up a component for that (Rainer)
     - needs quick and reliable translators
     - will preduce lots of dupes (Bjoern)
     - will be problematic if feedback from the reporter is needed (Bjoern)
     - alternative: defer to the local mailing list and let an english speaker
       file the bug as proxy

automated testing and review (Bjoern/Norbert?):
   - gerrit/tinderboxes
     - still has to consider all the consequences (Petr)
     - 1 day from tag to mirror -- we shouldnt prolong that (Petr)
       - indeed, gerrit should be a tool to use sensible -- it shouldnt stop
         inertia. only use it when it makes our life easier. (Bjoern)
     - dailies should always be build from tip of master, not including patches
       pending review
     - lots of conflicting opinions/views about tinderbox capabilities:
       - "we can build and test every commit on linux"
       - tinderbox with l10n has a 12 hour turnaround (that is ~50 commit steps)
         - Can we switch l10n off? (Florian)
       - discussion somewhat warped by these different assumptions

community building/communication (Cor?):
   - beta testers for 3.6.0 beta 1
   - 3.6.0 beta 1 available in ppa (Bjoern)
     - Wheres a good howto? (Florian)
       - http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/libreoffice-360-beta-1-released-ubuntu.html
       - best to install in a VM still
     - unfortunately no ppa stats:
       https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1006323
   - so far 16 beta bug reports in the first two weeks (vs. 25 for 3.5)
     - might just be better quality
     - we need more beta testers
AI:    - Are there any Bug Hunting Sessions in the pipe? (Cors)
       - SUSE will prepare packages for the beta for testing too (Petr)
AI:      - Could Fedora do this too? (Caolan?)
   - german QA meeting starting half an hour after the call (Florian/Rainer)

bibisect for 3.5 release branch and 3.6 master (Bjoern/Korrawit):
   - no news

The next call is on 2012-06-29 1400 UTC.

Best,

Bjoern