Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


----- Forwarded message from Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> -----

Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:11:18 +0100
From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com>
To: libreoffice-dev <libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org>, Libreoffice-qa 
<libreoffice-qa@lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: [Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...
X-Mailer: Evolution 3.2.1

* Present:
        + David, Stephan, Thorsten, Andras, Markus, Caolan,
          Bjoern, Norbert, Fridrich, Michael S, Eike, Kohei,
          Tor, Petr, Kendy, Lionel, Lubos

* Completed Action Items
        + review and re-close 3.4.x MAB fixed in 3.5.x (Rainer)
        + Apple Developer Enrollment (Thorsten)
        + switch doc encryption default back for 3.5 (Thorsten)
        + add a bold heading to GSOC page: LibreOffice is easy & fun to hack (Cedric)
        + update new file license template to MPLv2 (Michael)
        + mail the mailing list wrt. GSOC filing urgency (Fridrich)
        + help Ellie get mingw build going (Tor)
        + get bytemark access to Caolan (Norbert)
        + turn exception checking on for gcc in debug builds (Lubos)

* Pending Action Items
        + [wedged on nbg admins] firewall issues for new linux tinderbox (Thorsten)
        + add encryption default UI option in 3.6 (Thorsten)
        + rename VCL API to make it GetBeamerFoo & fix (Michael)
        + poke RedHat security guy wrt. keys (Caolan)
        + [pending] pull up misc. internal versions for 3.6 (Fridrich)
                + started with pixman, poked cairo

* Action Items review

* Release Engineering update (Petr)
        + 3.5.3 rc1 - tagged yesterday to get late fixes
                + builds for Linux+Mac, Win32 in progress
                  Mac-PPC slow as usual.
                + expected this evening / tomorrow morning
                + may be announced at the weekend.
                + new mirror synching improved / faster box.
                + final date for rc2 deadline mailed out on Monday

* GSOC update (Fridrich)
        + 10 slots, and one cross-project conflict
        + all-night de-duplication meeting fun.

* Hack-fest roundup / suggestions for the future (Thorsten)
        + summaries on the planet / Thorsten's blog
                + 90 commits from the hack-fest attendees
                + lots of new things started
        + http://blog.thebehrens.net/2012/04/16/libreoffice-hamburg-hackfest-2012/
        + do it again soon
                + nice to have more of a focus, and do more outreach

* Exporting redundant symbols for unit tests (Lubos)
        + change reverted re-shrinking symbol tables
                + slower, and 1Gb larger
        + expectation that build-system changes be announced (Moggi)

* rtl / css namespace issues (Lubos/Michael)
        + should we have general 'using' statements ?
        + rtl::OUString is a bit of a pain
        + Lubos:
                + would like to use the short name everywhere,
                  except for exported headers.
                + add a unit test for all exported headers.
        + Stephan
                + not eager to see it
                + but happy enough to see it go in
        + using css:: namespace instead ?
                + what is this css:: not friendly for new newcomers (Tor)
                + lo:: [!] - annoyances with aliases ...
                + replace css:: with nothing - bad (Stephan)
                + help get ready for lo4
                + prefer to push back to LibO 3.6 and a bigger cleanup (Stephan)
AA:     + get headers to allow rtl:: namespace omitted in soon (Lubos)
                + but not do the big seds yet
        + concern wrt. the KDE4 experience & big bang changes (Lubos)
                + ie. fixing API changes now incrementally is a win
        + doing it sooner, not later is good of course (Stephan)
        + LibO 4.0
                + planned to be incrementally developed / migrated anyway
                + postpone until license change done (Bjoern)
                + concerns about breaking all extensions at once (Norbert)
                + better to do incremental improvement ?
                + how much will we get done for this anyway ?
                + consider longer support cycle for LibO 3.6.x etc.
                        + discuss late.

* tinderboxen / status (Norbert)
        + bytemark machine #1
                + Fridrich is setting up the fast win32 machine,
                  aim to get v. fast debugging snapshots
        + bytemark machine #2
                + working on *BSD in virtualbox with little
                  joy help appreciated (Norbert)
                + need 3x BSD virtual-boxes (ideally)
        + Debian fixing bash-isms left & right due to dash (Lionel)

* misc. font bits
        + Google ChromeOS fonts
                + based on a renamed Liberation + added some additional glyphs
AA:             + investigate (Caolan)
        + Ariel Narrow replacement / query
AA:             + do we ship Liberation Narrow (Bjoern)

* QA update (Bjoern/Petr)
        + Rainer sends regrets
        + created bibisect screencast to help QA guys.
                + trained people in how to do it at hack-fest
        + now no need for 'EasyHack' prefix for bug subjects in bugzilla anymore
        + MAB re-evaluation is useful but can create more work than fixing the bugs
                + best to focus on NEEDINFO
                + situation calmed down again
                + what is MAB for ? is it needed at all ? can we use severities ?
                + severities/priorities - user tweakable, and thus not useful.
                + would a bugzilla privilege setting for those help ?
                + discussed at hack-fest, no much better solution available.
                + decision: stick with status-quo for now MAB works quite well.
        + could we sort by # of CC's - a better metric perhaps.

* 3.5 most annoying bugs ...
        + MAB review dropped 2 bugs
        + 68 open (of 199) older 74/201 73/193 66/183 58/168 57/157 58/153 52/145 49/140
             34%                   37%    38%   36%    35%    36%    37%    36%    35%
        + https://bugs.freedesktop.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=37361&hide_resolved=1

* 3.5 bugs tagged with 'regression'
        + 150(+2) bugs open of 485(+10) total

        * Component    count net *
        + Writer       - 54 (+0)
        + Presentation - 23 (+1)
        + LibreOffice  - 18 (+1)
        + Writer / RTF - 13 (+1)
        + Drawing      - 9  (+0)
        + Database     - 8  (+0)
        + Spreadsheet  - 7  (+1)
        + Basic        - 2  (-1)

        + 
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=regression%2C%20&keywords_type=allwords&resolution=---&query_format=advanced&product=LibreOffice&list_id=36764

-- 
michael.meeks@suse.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

_______________________________________________
List Name: Libreoffice-qa mailing list
Mail address: Libreoffice-qa@lists.freedesktop.org
Change settings: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice-qa
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/

----- End forwarded message -----

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to projects+help@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.