Hi Cor,
On 10/04/2012 22:45, Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote (06-04-12 19:55)

- CaseConductor evaluation
[...]
- Rainer: we need better documentation on the "why" of Litmus/MozTrap
[...]
- Kendy: Need for regular manual testing for update scenarios
[...]
- given the limited current reach of Litmus, we might propagate in blogs
too
- we really need to make structured manual a lot more visible for 3.6

I look forward to the outcome of the Litmus/MozTrap evaluation and
improvements in this area. It will help people run the tests more
easily. However, we must not forget that it's just that and not more.

If it's easy, it will attract people too. QA is frightening for a lot of users because it looks like technical when it's not. The tool should help that and currently Litmus is not fulfilling that.
Evaluation of the current situation showed some lack of available time
with people considered to work with it (and other QA topics). Thus if we
forget that, and only do improve the tooling... it might turn out to be
fooling our selves.
In that case we know that we can't extend people time, so let extend the number of contributors by providing an easy way to participate. Tools are only tools but this is what our contributors are playing with, see Pootle for example, it's the same here, it should be as easy as and as flexible as Pootle.
Kind regards
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier@documentfoundation.org>