Hi Bjoern, all,

Bjoern Michaelsen wrote (09-03-12 18:42)

here are the minutes of the QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Thanks for organising & the minutes.

attendants: Cor, Ivan, Rainer, Markus, Michael, Korrawit, Petr, Kendy, Bjoern

   - bugwrangling
     - still too much old regressions (Rainer)
       - 60 (11 most annoying) from earlier releases

I see there has been good discussion on this on the dev list, with all people understanding both the importance of this topic and working on improvement as far as reasonable.

     - proposed mitgation:
       more viciously and realistically downgrade priority, we need to support
       Rainers decisions there

Indeed. I've never seen a wrong decision from Rainer there.
If there is any discussion/doubt in a certain case, discussing it here or on irc is always OK. (However, in case of discussion it's obviously best to let the devs take the final decision.)

   - community building/communication:
AA  - Find and empower new active QA contributors (Cor)

Ah well, I will do my part of that, but it's not SMART to put just me for that AA: that will not lead to a _R_eliable solution in a reasonable _T_ime-frame. Having that said: I mentioned the idea that it might be possible to get names from bugzilla, from people that are more active in triage, and that we can encourage to 'team up' with us. Talking about that, we had the idea to look at the queries that are already available and may be useful for others to.

AA  - Provide Cor with suitable queries (Rainer)

Rainer did send it already. Will have a look at that.

       - Note: We can currently only query for Reporters not commenters (Rainer)

For the rest the minutes mention the good ideas we have for promoting etc.
I see my name with some AA's....
I'll try to do some in the second half of this week.

Next call will be in two weeks on:

  Friday, 2012-03-23 15:00 UTC

I'll try to join.

Regards,