Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last


Hi,

here are the minutes for todays ESC call:

attendees: Norbert, Eike, Rainer(?, seems to have dropped from the call),
Kendy, Petr, Stephan, Lionell, Markus, Cedric, Caolan, Bjoern

* Completed Action Items
        + Add GSOC tasks to the wiki:
                + fwd. Eike Svante's multi-user proposal (Thorsten)
                + layout / toolkit conversion task (Caolan)
                + bunch of ideas / slide-show re-work etc. (Thorsten)
        + take updated ESC composition to the board (Thorsten)

* Pending Action Items
        + [still pending] extract 64bit build hardware from firewall (Kendy / Admins)
        + rename VCL API to make it GetBeamerFoo & fix (Michael)
        + [ongoing] respond in the gerrit bug fdo#44498 with some rational (Bjoern)
        + Add GSOC tasks to the wiki:
          https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Gsoc/Ideas
                + [ongoing, ETA today] multi-user / telepathy / co-editing (Eike)
                + add graphical conditional formatting task (Kohei)
                + better template translation (Andras)
        + [ongoing?] post results of exception analysis shortly (Michael)
        + [ongoing?] cost and usefulness of exceptions proposal (Michael)

* Action Items review
        + gerrit call minutes, please have a look (Bjoern)
          
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/minutes-of-gerrit-documentfoundation-org-call-2012-03-01-tc3813352.html

* Release Engineering update (Petr)
        + 3.5.1 is out today, looking good
        + 3.5.2 code freeze on Monday
                + please provide patches RSN
                + reviewers greatly appreciated
        + 3.4.6 status
                + test build are available
                + on track for ~Wednesday
                + last 3.4 micro, it fits nicely that 3.5 is already in
                  great shape

* GSOC update (Cedric)
        + tomorrow candidates will learn about possible projects
        + please prettify task (code pointers etc.)
        + now is the time to get students involved
        + EasyHacks do _not_ have to be completed yet, but by application time
        + help possible students to get up to speed with build and EasyHacks

* QA update (Rainer)
        + Rainer seems to have dropped from the call
        + still a short discussion on regressions and release plan
                + little optimism wrt to release plan changes being relevant
                  to improve the regression situation, but open to concret
                  proposals
                + there are three kinds of bugs: (Bjoern)
                        + regression
                        + bugs since the beginning of time
                        + feature request
                + ... and bugs in new features (Lionell)
                + the last one is one we should have a closer look at
                + as for regressions, we should care about having them
                  weighted by severity (Petr)
                  => realistic data hygiene in bugzilla
        + first QA last Friday, please have a look at the minutes (Bjoern)
          
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/minutes-of-LibreOffice-QA-call-2012-03-09-15-00-UTC-tc3813349.html

* ad-hoc topic: git submodules for non-core repos (Norbert)
        + sounds good to use a preexisting solution instead of homegrown
          tooling (Thorsten)
        + alternative: handle other repos like external libs/tarballs
          (like libwp*)
        + external lib solutions exist (oo.lst and friends) and is tested
        + binfilter is still updated quite regulary and would likely hurt by
          this (Stephan)
        + load/mirroring/latency issues with regular tarball updates (Petr)
        + so we really want submodules for binfilter and ext-lib for the rest,
          but without the duplicated work? (Bjoern)
        + another possibility would be to teach ./download to use
          "git archive" directly
                + still might cause quite some extra load
                + introduces explict git dependency in ./download, might or
                  might not be an issue for packagers (Bjoern)

* summer time, when will be the next call? (Norbert)
        + call is set in UTC and does not change without explicit notice
          (Bjoern)
AA:     + announce very loudly if the call changes slot in UTC timezone
          (Michael)
        + 17:00 local might be preferable to quite a few (Eike)
AA:             + is that 1700 CET or CEST? (1600UTC or 1500UTC)


corrections and additions welcome.

Best,

Bjoern

-- 
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to projects+help@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Context


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.