[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 3.4.6 RC2 test builds available

Fridrich Strba schrieb:

for 3.4.6 RC2, we're now uploading builds to a public (but
non-mirrored - so don't spread news too widely!) place, as soon as
they're available. Grab them here:

If you've a bit of time, please give them a try& report *critical*
bugs not yet in bugzilla here,

Hi,

we had exactly 0 reports for 3.4.6 RC1, and I doubt that anybody will do systematic tests with RC2 (I won't do either).

We still have 45 unfixed regressions compared to 3.3, Lifecycle of 3.4 will end with 3.4.6(?), so this version is more or less useless for most (or at least very many) 3.3 or 3.4 users. Who would want to test a car when he knows that still 1 tire is flat and never will be repaired? Although 3 tires have been repaired, that car will be completely useless forever.

It's my belief that we will have to rethink our release concept.

Please excuse me that I can't tell anything more enthusiastic.

Best regards

Rainer

Pedro Lino schrieb:

Maybe branch 3.4.x should continue to be updated (in the same way that
Mozilla keeps fixing bugs in version 3.6.x,

Hi,

Yes, something like that would be great, but we should not underrate the work that such a proceeding would cost. But I believe I we have some kind of guarantee that fixes will be introduced (except we have a really good reason for some bugs not to do so), we will be able to encourage more volunteers for tests.

CU

Rainer