Hi all,

here are the minutes of the QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

attendants: Cor, Ivan, Rainer, Markus, Michael, Korrawit, Petr, Kendy, Bjoern

  - structured manual testing:
    - getting testcases for 3.5 from Litmus to Checkbox
      - we currently have some ~50 testcases in Litmus -- it should be easy
        to just copypaste them as the time window is limited until
        Ubuntu 12.04 beta2 (Bjoern)
AA    - copypaste existing manual test as a one off for 3.5/Precise (Bjoern)
AA    - Check if test documents are URLs properly distributed to Checkbox (Bjoern)
    - find a good way to script sync testcases from Litmus to Checkbox and
      maybe even results back to Litmus
      TBD later: (maybe discuss when Nicholas Skaggs and Yifan Jiang are around)
  - bugwrangling
    - still too much old regressions (Rainer)
      - 60 (11 most annoying) from earlier releases
    - proposed mitgation:
      more viciously and realistically downgrade priority, we need to support
      Rainers decisions there
  - community building/communication:
AA  - Find and empower new active QA contributors (Cor)
AA  - Provide Cor with suitable queries (Rainer)
      - Note: We can currently only query for Reporters not commenters (Rainer)
    - Can we recognize bug triagers in the release notes along with the
      developer providing the fix for minor releases? (Bjoern)
      - Would need a up-to-date wikipage of active triagers (Petr)
AA    - Update/Create active triagers wiki page (Cor/Rainer)
    - Nice stats and graphs by Rainer need more visibility
AA    - Publish on blog/planets (Cor)
AA    - Create some QA EasyHacks (Bjoern)
    - We could spend some TDF money on a paid QA guy (Michael)
      - for example to get something like this implemented:
        https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
AA    - collect further ideas for spending such a resource (Cor/Rainer)
      - some of the QA EasyHacks might also be suitable (Bjoern)
      - perl is easy to integrate with Perl (Markus)
    - Can we learn from other opensource projects?
AA    - Set Cor up with the Community/Forum maintainers at the distros
        to better propagate Hackfests, Bug Hunting Sessions etc.
        (Bjoern, Petr, Caolan, others?)
    - Can we make bibisecting easier accessible?
AA    - Walkthrough setup at Hackfest to find out what need better docs
        (Bjoern/Rainer)
      - Setting up a ready-to-go VirtualBox with everything installed would be
        cool (Bjoern)
AA      - unsure from my notes: maybe Korrawit is interested in doing this?
   - automated testing (Markus)
     - http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Calc_Import_Unit_Tests
AA   - Really straightforward for Calc, just needs more CSV test documents (all)
     - in development for other apps

Next call will be in two weeks on:

 Friday, 2012-03-23 15:00 UTC

Accompanying IRC channel for the calls is #libreoffice on freenode.

I tried my best to keep up with my notes, still all additions and corrections
are most welcome.

Best,

Bjoern