Bug-hunting session December 28 and 29

Hi all,

On December 28 and 29 an international bug-hunting session for LibreOffice 3.5.0 will be held.
We want to make LibreOffice 3.5 the best free office suite ever.

All information you need is here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugHunting_Session_3.5.0.-1

A nice banner to use on home pages etc etc, can be found here
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Improving_QA-Release-3.5#Bug-hunting_session
(or use assets/Bughuntbanner.png in Silverstripe CMS)

A press release about the bug hunting session will be send out soon.

Please inform the people in your team and network, so that they won't miss this event!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi Cor,

Hi all,

On December 28 and 29 an international bug-hunting session for
LibreOffice 3.5.0 will be held.

When will it start on December 28th? And when will it end on December 29th?

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote (20-12-11 21:50)

When will it start on December 28th? And when will it end on December 29th?

Good question :slight_smile:
The widest time frame is 28-12 00:00 UTC -12 until 29-12 24:00 +12 - then all people will have their own 28 & 29 December available :slight_smile:

Should be necessary probably that most QA volunteers that do more testing and are present to help, live in and around UTC ?

Sounds good?

Cor Nouws wrote (20-12-11 23:19)

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote (20-12-11 21:50)

When will it start on December 28th? And when will it end on December
29th?

Good question :slight_smile:
The widest time frame is 28-12 00:00 UTC -12 until 29-12 24:00 +12 -
then all people will have their own 28 & 29 December available :slight_smile:

Should be necessary probably that most QA volunteers that do more

                           to indicate

Hi Cor,

Cor Nouws wrote (20-12-11 23:19)

Hi Klaus-Jürgen,

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote (20-12-11 21:50)

When will it start on December 28th? And when will it end on December
29th?

Good question :slight_smile:

Wasn't mine but Thomas Hackert's at the German ml.

The widest time frame is 28-12 00:00 UTC -12 until 29-12 24:00 +12 -
then all people will have their own 28 & 29 December available :slight_smile:

Should be necessary probably that most QA volunteers that do more

to indicate

testing and are present to help, live in and around UTC ?

Sounds good?

I don't know.
If we really start at this moment two things can happen:
1. Many people are bugfixing at a long time from the beginning to the end (would be good)
2. The people look at irc and nothing will happen at the start. They switch off. (would be bad)

Someone have to start the bughunting session official. Who is it on 28-12 00:00 UTC -12?

At the start (first two/three hours) there should be a critical mass of competent people (IMHO 5-10). Will we have this on 28-12 00:00 UTC -12?
And of course there should be always traffic.

And we should have a little official close on 29-12 24:00 +12. I.e. someone will close the bug hunting session official and says thanks to all volunteers and will call out a toast for the big bug hunting.

Should be organized.

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote (21-12-11 08:44)

I don't know.
If we really start at this moment two things can happen:
1. Many people are bugfixing at a long time from the beginning to the
end (would be good)
2. The people look at irc and nothing will happen at the start. They
switch off. (would be bad)

Someone have to start the bughunting session official. Who is it on
28-12 00:00 UTC -12?

At the start (first two/three hours) there should be a critical mass of
competent people (IMHO 5-10). Will we have this on 28-12 00:00 UTC -12?
And of course there should be always traffic.

And we should have a little official close on 29-12 24:00 +12. I.e.
someone will close the bug hunting session official and says thanks to
all volunteers and will call out a toast for the big bug hunting.

Should be organized.

Agree.
What do people think from 28-12 9:00 UTC until 29-12 22:00 UTC ?

I would just say that mentors are available from 08:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC
on both dates.

Italo Vignoli wrote (21-12-11 10:04)

What do people think from 28-12 9:00 UTC until 29-12 22:00 UTC ?

I would just say that mentors are available from 08:00 UTC to 22:00 UTC
on both dates.

OK, added smthng like that to the wiki!