russion language people required for mailing lists moderation

Hi all,

we from admin team are lost while moderating russian messages sent to
mailinglists by posters not subscribed to that lists.

Anyone reading here who would like to do the job, or ask on the russian
language mailing lists for people who would like to contribute to the
project this way?

What does moderating mean?

A moderator gets a mail from the mailinglist software each time a not
subscribed poster sends a mail to a mailinglist. SHe then has to decide
whether this mail has a reasonable content or if it's spam or content
not suitable for going public.

In case of suitable content the sytem mail is to be answered, which
causes the mail software to pass through the mail in question, otherwise
it is ignored - that's it.

Anyone interested to act or ask?

Gruß/regards
Friedrich

Hi Friedrich,

Friedrich Strohmaier wrote (08-11-11 23:48)

we from admin team are lost while moderating russian messages sent to
mailinglists by posters not subscribed to that lists.

The Dutch lists get mails from Russia every day :wink:
I do not spend any time in trying to understand, obviously.
Would it help to have a default message in Russian, that you can send directly to the sender?
I know some people that could help with that.

Kind regards,

Hi Cor, *,

Friedrich Strohmaier wrote (08-11-11 23:48)

we from admin team are lost while moderating russian messages sent to
mailinglists by posters not subscribed to that lists.

The Dutch lists get mails from Russia every day :wink:
I do not spend any time in trying to understand, obviously.

Noted the smiley ;o))

My call was targeted to the russian language lists, I wasn't clear with
that. Despite those for other languages, there is a reasonable amount of
wanted mails sent there and indeed someone familiar with the language
should sort out.

Would it help to have a default message in Russian, that you can send
directly to the sender?

If You can´t separate spam and ham that's not useful, as spammers should
not get any sign, the adress spammed is "alive".

I know some people that could help with that.

We need rather people who know about how a mailing list works and
ideally follow at least one of a russian language mailinglist.

Thanks for Your proposal.

Gruß/regards