[NA-DVD] Create 1st ISO for testing

Hi,

I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
do that I would much appreciate it.

Will need to know where the file can be retrieved from when it is done.

Thanks,

//drew

Hi Drew,

answering both of your mails :slight_smile:

I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
do that I would much appreciate it.

Uwe has adjusted the scripts [1] earlier today to run a test from
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/

It's too early for an iso though, please run a linkchecker across your
site, e.g. you are linking to the german software installers in the
folder 'assets/extras' which doesn't really make sense I guess. :wink:

Assets in general:
Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
'NA' for your content.
We will afterwards move the whole german stuff into 'de' in order to
decrease confusion and the amount of 1st level folders in assets.

Moving the files/folders by the cms interface should hopefully adjust
the (working) links within your pages.

I was using a working assumption that this stable directory tree would
be the one used going forward - but it seems not to be updated with
any of the stable latest files, 3.3 or 3.4 releases.

There is also a different approach being used by the De box team now,
it seems, where they use the individual files and not the single .gz
files such as from the download site - I believe this is done so as
to enable some different installation paths..cool.

'installer' will remain untouched by the moves of course, Uwe has also
updated the hardlinks to the recent LO versions today.

We will keep at least the recent stable releases available, but need to
delete obsolete ones to keep the database size reasonable.
So let's have a hint what you do not need anymore.

In case you want to offer unzipped rpm/debs there is the page type
'folder page' available to display these subfolders/files automatically.

Will need to know where the file can be retrieved from when it is done.

You can fetch this first export here [2] to have a look.
Please do all corrections in the cms, don't mind the static files,
another export of corrected ones is no such big thing.

We'll send another link once there is an iso to retrieve :slight_smile:
send a hint when you're ready for round 2.

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Build_iso.pl
[1.1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Build_iso.sh
[2] http://devel.libreofficebox.org/static/de/media/dvd-na/html/home/

Cheers
Erich

Hi Drew,

answering both of your mails :slight_smile:

> I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
> dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
> do that I would much appreciate it.

Uwe has adjusted the scripts [1] earlier today to run a test from
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/

It's too early for an iso though, please run a linkchecker across your
site, e.g. you are linking to the german software installers in the
folder 'assets/extras' which doesn't really make sense I guess. :wink:

OK - my last email went before I saw this - ok - I'll do that this
evening, then do hold off till I send another email

Assets in general:
Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within

Alright - let me look and if I have questions I'll ask first, but likely
just move the stuff.

'NA' for your content.

How much content, all items not part of the binary install? Can do if
so.

We will afterwards move the whole german stuff into 'de' in order to
decrease confusion and the amount of 1st level folders in assets.

Moving the files/folders by the cms interface should hopefully adjust
the (working) links within your pages.

I'm not worried about that now, I think your right that if I use the CMS
gui move the files it will autofix that pages - even if not that is a
quick trip to an text editor for a one time fix.

Thanks,

//drew

Alright - I moved a few things as sub-directories and it all went great.

so
/assets/documents/en
/assets/templates/en
became
/assets/NA/documents/en
/assets/NA/templates/en

Having a problem with a couple of individual files - at some point I
think there an error in moving some files via the GUI and they ended up
at ../asset/

These individual files I don't seem to be able to move via the gui and
have it take..

It's just a couple and it would be great if someone could do it at cli
and I'll relink them on the page.

/assets/OOOP-accessories-2.8.0.0.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/OOOP-accessories/OOOP-accessories-2.8.0.0.oxt

/assets/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.8.0.1.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.8.0.1.oxt

/assets/pimaco-templates.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/pimaco/pimaco-templates.oxt

Otherwise, I'll continue to move things under NA (extras and add-ons and
artowrk ).

thanks,

//drew

> > Hi Drew,
> >
> > answering both of your mails :slight_smile:
> >
> > > I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
> > > dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
> > > do that I would much appreciate it.
> >
> > Uwe has adjusted the scripts [1] earlier today to run a test from
> > http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/
> >
> > It's too early for an iso though, please run a linkchecker across your
> > site, e.g. you are linking to the german software installers in the
> > folder 'assets/extras' which doesn't really make sense I guess. :wink:
>
> OK - my last email went before I saw this - ok - I'll do that this
> evening, then do hold off till I send another email
> >
> > Assets in general:
> > Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
> > elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
>
> Alright - let me look and if I have questions I'll ask first, but likely
> just move the stuff.
> > 'NA' for your content.
>
> How much content, all items not part of the binary install? Can do if
> so.

Alright - I moved a few things as sub-directories and it all went great.

so
/assets/documents/en
/assets/templates/en
became
/assets/NA/documents/en
/assets/NA/templates/en

Having a problem with a couple of individual files - at some point I
think there an error in moving some files via the GUI and they ended up
at ../asset/

These individual files I don't seem to be able to move via the gui and
have it take..

It's just a couple and it would be great if someone could do it at cli
and I'll relink them on the page.

:-/ - wrong addresses, likely you would of caught it, but

/assets/OOOP-accessories-2.8.0.0.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/en/OOOP-accessories/OOOP-accessories-2.8.0.0.oxt

/assets/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.8.0.1.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/en/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US/OOOP-templates-separated-en-US-2.8.0.1.oxt

/assets/pimaco-templates.oxt
-> /assets/NA/templates/en/pimaco/pimaco-templates.oxt

//drew

> Having a problem with a couple of individual files - at some point I
> think there an error in moving some files via the GUI and they ended up
> at ../asset/

belay all that - it was just me being dense...those files are moved..

Hi Erich, drew, *,

answering both of your mails :slight_smile:

I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
do that I would much appreciate it.

Uwe has adjusted the scripts [1] earlier today to run a test from
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/

It's too early for an iso though, please run a linkchecker across your
site, e.g. you are linking to the german software installers in the
folder 'assets/extras' which doesn't really make sense I guess. :wink:

Assets in general:
Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
'NA' for your content.

I think we've to distinct between files which could be used commonly for
different projects and those definitely project specific.

In case of "addons", "templates" and "extras" it might be worth thinking
about keeping them "central" i.e. extras/en templates/en /addons/en as
let's say the brasil disk might also have french or english, content,
which would be doubled in case of the NA/extras/en and pt-br/extras/en
only way of managing files.

[..]

I was using a working assumption that this stable directory tree would
be the one used going forward - but it seems not to be updated with
any of the stable latest files, 3.3 or 3.4 releases.

There is also a different approach being used by the De box team now,
it seems, where they use the individual files and not the single .gz
files such as from the download site - I believe this is done so as
to enable some different installation paths..cool.

'installer' will remain untouched by the moves of course, Uwe has also
updated the hardlinks to the recent LO versions today.

Looking over the files section I couldn't find the libreoffice/ folder I
created which contained hardlinks to the original installers of the
libreoffice downloads. Where has it gone? For sure it's reasonable to
provide them in case the NA or another project want to provide those.

We will keep at least the recent stable releases available, but need to
delete obsolete ones to keep the database size reasonable.

If I got it right it's not the files, but only the paths, which are kept
in the database so no histery needed about the db size. :o))

So let's have a hint what you do not need anymore.

In case you want to offer unzipped rpm/debs there is the page type
'folder page' available to display these subfolders/files automatically.

Those also need thinking aboout some central structure..

Have to stop writing now as my sweetheart has birthday since half an
hour :o))

[..]

[2] http://devel.libreofficebox.org/static/de/media/dvd-na/html/home/

please care to avoid providing "devel.libreofficebox.org" URLs because
they are deprecated and will be invalid soon.

Gruß/regards

Hi Drew,

answering both of your mails :slight_smile:

> I would like to ask for the creation of the 1st ISO image from:
> dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org - if Erich or Christian or ? would
> do that I would much appreciate it.

Uwe has adjusted the scripts [1] earlier today to run a test from
http://dvd.north-america.libreofficebox.org/

It's too early for an iso though, please run a linkchecker across your
site, e.g. you are linking to the german software installers in the
folder 'assets/extras' which doesn't really make sense I guess. :wink:

Took me a bit - yeah - when I moved stuff the first time I looked at
what was already there and when a particular file was, I used it - and
didn't stop to think about the installers language.

got you - I didn't stop to think that the /assets/addons could be de
only (which makes sense since I knew the first file load came from the
de project..duh - [they say the worst biases are the ones we don't know
we have :-] ), should have checked each one.

It was quite a few files that I did this with - all the Mozilla stuff
for instance (this included changing to html page to match the differing
versions)

Assets in general:
Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
'NA' for your content.

/assets/templates on the other hand did have a sub-dir named de and in
that case I created 3 sub-dirs (en, es, fr) I moved the en files
to /assets/NA/template/en and will for the es and fr files I loaded up,
I suppose it makes here for templates

/assets/documentation did not exist and I created it then the sub-dir
en. Yesterday I moved that to /assets/NA/documentation/en, but that just
doesn't seem correct IMO.

/assets/artwork was another one, each item in a separate directory and
then when I found files already in place I just linked to those.

so I would propose that I move the docs back to /assets/documentation/en
and leave /assets/artwork alone also?

/assets/extras/ I don't know, off to do what I should off and that is
actually try the install from the files already there...

thanks,

//drew

Hi Drew,

[linking to the german software installers]

[...]
[they say the worst biases are the ones we don't know
we have :-]

same for me ... :wink:

Assets in general:
Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
'NA' for your content.

ok, no :-\

/assets/templates on the other hand did have a sub-dir named de and in
that case I created 3 sub-dirs (en, es, fr) I moved the en files
to /assets/NA/template/en and will for the es and fr files I loaded up,
I suppose it makes here for templates

/assets/documentation did not exist and I created it then the sub-dir
en. Yesterday I moved that to /assets/NA/documentation/en, but that just
doesn't seem correct IMO.

You're right of course...
Talked it over with Uwe and he also agrees to establish a 'subfolder
culture' within the main folders.

So just go ahead establish and fill /en etc. folders for your content to
get your iso going, we'll move our stuff to /de folders when you're done
or by next weekend.

/assets/artwork was another one, each item in a separate directory and
then when I found files already in place I just linked to those.

no problem except for german labels and inlays

so I would propose that I move the docs back to /assets/documentation/en
and leave /assets/artwork alone also?

+1 to the docs, we'll follow
also create /en etc. folder for dedicated stuff in /artwork

/assets/extras/ I don't know

same for this one, create subdirectories for your files and we'll do so
too, how does this sound? :wink:

Cheers
Erich

Hi Drew,

>> [linking to the german software installers]
> [...]

<snip>

>> Assets in general:
>> Please remove your english (a.o.) files also from 'addons' (and maybe
>> elsewhere mixed up with german files) and generate some folders within
>> 'NA' for your content.

<snip>

> /assets/extras/ I don't know

same for this one, create subdirectories for your files and we'll do so
too, how does this sound? :wink:

Howdy,

alright - I gathered up-to-date en install files for the files we use
under extras (mozilla, etc) last night - I'll push this up to to the
parking lot later today and drop you a DM when I'm done.

If you would Just move that under the NA directory and I'll arrange it
from there, then drop a note to the list for review of the structures.

//drew