2011/8/18 Friedrich Strohmaier <damokles4-listen@bits-fritz.de>

Hi Paulo, *,

Hi =)

Am 18.08.2011 15:06 schrieb Paulo de Souza Lima:

[..]

BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers.

Not exactly. There was, and still is, an issue /uploading/ large files by
means of the CMS. As we are not prepaired yet to grant file system
access in a well fashioned way and additonally stopped runnig ftp
services, it's kind of hassle to upload large files from private
machines. No Problem to grab it from elsewhere and host it for download.

Can anyone tell me what was decided about it? Our team is hosting ISO
files (~ 2 GB) in proprietary servers until this moment.

It's just a matter of finding a place to provide it for download.

Here is the general download folder:
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/

for the moment the german iso is within the box/ folder. Probably we've
to find a more suitable structure.

Ok. So, we're gonna keep using the current server for large files. No
problem.

By the way: I looked at the brasil pages at libreofficebox.org. Not
shure the intention of the dvd page is clear:
http://dvd.brasil.libreofficebox.org/

We use it to /author/ the content of the medium, so
http://dvd.de.libreofficebox.org/ shows the *content* of our recent
medium, whereas http://de.libreofficebox.org/ tells something about it
including downloadpage and the like.

Yes, but once there is just me, at this moment, maintaining this project, I
hadn't time to put contents in those pages, yet. Even I'm not sure about
what content to place in them. In my view, both pages are redundant and we
could use just one of them, maybe. There are some people interested in
helping me on those issues. I'm gonna talk with them and give you a feedback
asap, right?

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/

Many thanks =)

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and the
peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher