Sorry for the break

Hello Friends,
     I am really sorry for the brake that I had. Met with an accident and
just now recovering. I wanted to start a DVD project for India release just
before I last disappeared, and now I want to continue it. Can you please
tell me how to start and go about it?

Hi !

I'm developing a DVD project in Brazil. Fell free to call if you need any
help =)

Cheers.

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please guide me to create a LibreOfficeBox ID & Domain?

Please choose a subdomain and language for your project and register
your account here http://libreofficebox.org/registration/

Let me know then and we will prepare server and cms for a CD/DVD (?) and
a website in concern.

Subscribing to the website list would be helpful for I'm just
crossreading projects and marketing, thx.

Cheers
Erich

Hi Rajesh,

Hi Erich, Rajesh

> Can you please guide me to create a LibreOfficeBox ID & Domain?

Please choose a subdomain and language for your project and register
your account here http://libreofficebox.org/registration/

Let me know then and we will prepare server and cms for a CD/DVD (?) and
a website in concern.

BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers. Can
anyone tell me what was decided about it? Our team is hosting ISO files (~ 2
GB) in proprietary servers until this moment.

<snip>

Cheers

Erich

Tks/Cheers

Thanks Erich

@Rajesh sorry for the delay, Erich is actually a better person to guide
you on this, but I'll help as I can also.

Best wishes,

//drew

Hi Paulo, *,

[..]

BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers.

Not exactly. There was, and still is, an issue /uploading/ large files by
means of the CMS. As we are not prepaired yet to grant file system
access in a well fashioned way and additonally stopped runnig ftp
services, it's kind of hassle to upload large files from private
machines. No Problem to grab it from elsewhere and host it for download.

Can anyone tell me what was decided about it? Our team is hosting ISO
files (~ 2 GB) in proprietary servers until this moment.

It's just a matter of finding a place to provide it for download.

Here is the general download folder:
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/

for the moment the german iso is within the box/ folder. Probably we've
to find a more suitable structure.

By the way: I looked at the brasil pages at libreofficebox.org. Not
shure the intention of the dvd page is clear:
http://dvd.brasil.libreofficebox.org/

We use it to /author/ the content of the medium, so
http://dvd.de.libreofficebox.org/ shows the *content* of our recent
medium, whereas http://de.libreofficebox.org/ tells something about it
including downloadpage and the like.

Gruß/regards

Hi Paolo, *

[..]

BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers.

Not exactly. There was, and still is, an issue /uploading/ large files by
means of the CMS.

Exactly for this reason I'm providing an interim ftp account for uploads
and have sent you the access data already two times but you never used it.
Ask Drew if there was any problem, he did.

ciao
Erich

Please do not do that, I really do not want to go there right now.

Hi Paulo, *,

Hi =)

[..]

> BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers.

Not exactly. There was, and still is, an issue /uploading/ large files by
means of the CMS. As we are not prepaired yet to grant file system
access in a well fashioned way and additonally stopped runnig ftp
services, it's kind of hassle to upload large files from private
machines. No Problem to grab it from elsewhere and host it for download.

> Can anyone tell me what was decided about it? Our team is hosting ISO
> files (~ 2 GB) in proprietary servers until this moment.

It's just a matter of finding a place to provide it for download.

Here is the general download folder:
http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/

for the moment the german iso is within the box/ folder. Probably we've
to find a more suitable structure.

Ok. So, we're gonna keep using the current server for large files. No
problem.

By the way: I looked at the brasil pages at libreofficebox.org. Not
shure the intention of the dvd page is clear:
http://dvd.brasil.libreofficebox.org/

We use it to /author/ the content of the medium, so
http://dvd.de.libreofficebox.org/ shows the *content* of our recent
medium, whereas http://de.libreofficebox.org/ tells something about it
including downloadpage and the like.

Yes, but once there is just me, at this moment, maintaining this project, I
hadn't time to put contents in those pages, yet. Even I'm not sure about
what content to place in them. In my view, both pages are redundant and we
could use just one of them, maybe. There are some people interested in
helping me on those issues. I'm gonna talk with them and give you a feedback
asap, right?

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/

Many thanks =)

Hi Paolo, *

> [..]
>> BTW, There was an issue about hosting large ISO files in TDF servers.
> Not exactly. There was, and still is, an issue /uploading/ large files by
> means of the CMS.

Exactly for this reason I'm providing an interim ftp account for uploads
and have sent you the access data already two times but you never used it.
Ask Drew if there was any problem, he did.

Hi Erich.

Yes, I've received your messages, but between lending some space in a server
and using my own, I've chosen the last one. However, I thank you for your
kind offer. My question has more to do with the hosting issue, because I had
some doubts about permissions of hosting those files outside the TDF
structure. Friedrich had just cleared them up. I have no problems in hosting
those files in my personal server.

ciao
Erich

Thank you very much for your help. =)

Hi Drew

Please do not do that, I really do not want to go there right now.

I didn't. =) I'm using my personal sftp server instead.

Ah - well, I should clear up my English.

I actually thought that the Br ISO was being hosted on the TDF servers,
until recently when I browsed one of mirror sites.

Just to be clear, the ability to move your file to the TDF (Shared
community resource) is possible and does work as advertised - it simply
requires you to use a third party trusted intermediary to do so.

Yes, I've used that 'parking lot' approach and I will likely use it
again.

//drew