Dictionary Files for the extension site ( was Re: en_US dictionary with April 19 2011 .dic file, plus French updates possible as well] )

Hi,

I'm forwarding the listed email to the list.

Seems to me that there is an opportunity here to get these dictionary
files up to the LibO extension site...shall we take it?

//drew

I am willing to do the work needed to make a LibreOffice Extension page[s].

Right now the extension link that in in the LibreOffice.org page points to
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List

It would be nice to have it pointing to a LibreOffice.org page instead of a LibrePlanet page, even if they are associated.

People may think that LibreOffice relies on others to host there needed files. That is never a good marketing idea, or at least what I was taught in "marketing" back in my college days.

SO, I think LibreOffice Steering Committee, or whoever is in charge of this, needs to have something like what NA has done and make all the extensions linked from their pages, hosted on their server[s] and downloaded from their domain.

Hi,

I'm forwarding the listed email to the list.

Seems to me that there is an opportunity here to get these dictionary
files up to the LibO extension site...shall we take it?

//drew

<snip>

Hi,

Will just copy a few lines from the email I sent, just prior, to this
hitting the inbox:

the LibO extension site is fully under
development already.
http://extensions-test.libreoffice.org/libreoffice-extensions

I'm sure folks there would be interested in your help.

Best wishes,

//drew

Hello everyone,

drewjensen wrote:

Three of French dictionaries have not been uploaded, do to it slipping
through cracks in my memory after I downloaded the newest ones. I was
going to manually update the French ones with the newest .dic word list
files, since OpenOffice.org's site was offline more often than running.
Then a few weeks later, that site was up enough for me to grab as many
of the updated dictionaries as I could.

The French dictionaries are also available here :
http://www.dicollecte.org/grammalecte/telecharger.php

I will release the versions 4.2 tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Olivier R.

Hello everyone,

drewjensen wrote:

webmaster Krackedpress/Lungstrom wrote this:

Three of French dictionaries have not been uploaded, do to it slipping
through cracks in my memory after I downloaded the newest ones. I was
going to manually update the French ones with the newest .dic word list
files, since OpenOffice.org's site was offline more often than running.
Then a few weeks later, that site was up enough for me to grab as many
of the updated dictionaries as I could.

The French dictionaries are also available here :
http://www.dicollecte.org/grammalecte/telecharger.php

I will release the versions 4.2 tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Olivier R.

I have the 4.1 but I had not added them to the list yet. I forgot to do it.

Well if 4.2 is coming out soon, then that would be great. I will get them.