On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 18:36 +0200, Erich Christian wrote:
Hi Drew, *

Am 27.06.2011 23:33, schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 12:53 -0400, drew wrote:
Now things get a little more interesting.

1) Some of the files are shared between NA-DVD and the DE disc, and
they exist therefore in the assets directory on the CMS - problem is
they use German names for the sub-directories, and we of course use
English. Is there a good way to handle this using SilverStripe so we
both get what we want without duplicating files?

I had a short look over it. As far as I see, only those subdirs
containing german content carry german names. It's the 'screenshot'
and 'templates' folder.

Could you tell me the folders concerned?

Yes - sorry - I meant to get to this today, but wandered a little.

There was only a few:

artwork/clipart/pfeile
screenshots/Beispiele
screenshots/Vorlagen

I think a few others - anyway - as I said, I don't see it as a big
problem.

Right now I'm more concerned that the different teams just have a good
understanding of what structures are in place.

Also, as I said - when I could see a pattern (or what I thought was a
pattern) I tried to follow it.

i.e.

artwork/gallery/*
[I used the single directory per]

extras/misc/*
[I used the single directory per]

templates/*
[there was already a de directory (and separate sub-dir for Beispiele)
so I added en, es, fr sub-dirs]

templates/en/*
[I followed the pattern of single sub-dir for each collection of
templates]

Otherwise - where I could find a file, used both by the de and na disc
then I re-linked the HTML page to point to the file currently oh disc.

I also looked at the installer directory and THINK I understand what is
being planned there - I should put my thoughts in an email and just make
sure that we are all on the same page. (will do that on the projects
list later today)

Thanks,

//drew