Hi drew, *,

sorry for the delay. Was away for the weekend meeting with tdf admin
collegues ;o)).

As I'm not involved in content affairs I'll try to answer at best
knowledge :o)).

drew schrieb:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 12:53 -0400, drew wrote:
<snip>

First - included the projects list on this.

Alright finished up that artwork-gallery files and moved on to the
clipart files.

Now things get a little more interesting.

1) Some of the files are shared between NA-DVD and the DE disc, and
they exist therefore in the assets directory on the CMS - problem is
they use German names for the sub-directories, and we of course use
English. Is there a good way to handle this using SilverStripe so we
both get what we want without duplicating files?

I had a short look over it. As far as I see, only those subdirs
containing german content carry german names. It's the 'screenshot'
and 'templates' folder.

Maybe some rework is needed on a couple of places to make it less
confusing but in general no overall rework is required.

then again - do we care if a sub-directory is in English or German,
really it is just a click on a URL link on a HTML page right?

As not familiar with the CMS capabilities: does move folders/files move
the link depencies as well?? In this case making a more clear folder
scheme might be an easy task ;o)).

2) The openClipArt files. Alright we have a few more then currently
on the CMS system, so no problem we add those.
But - there current files on the CMS system all use .tar.gz files
and we used .zip. Anyone care?

Not from my part. Don't really know openclipart. There is an .exe file -
is that an application pulling more stuff from the tar.gz's?

and just to think out loud here - since we need to re-link the stuff
on the HTML pages anyway - I would not mind taking the .zip files I
have, bursting the apart and recreating to .tar.gz before pushing
them to the server - I suppose .gz isn't considered a problem for
windows users any longer, huh"

not shure if this is necessary. Maybe it's worth a look, whether to
"harmonize" those things.

Maybe Uwe or Erich can give more  usable comments.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich
Libreoffice-Box http://libreofficebox.org/