Hi Spohie,

I deleted those parts where we agree.

Am Montag, den 06.06.2011, 18:36 +0300 schrieb Sophie Gautier:
If not the language does not matter and there is no need to translate
und multiply the work with translating all the tests in more than 100
languages.

It's important to offer an access to everybody.

Are there any rough estimations how many people are affected that can
not contribute in this technical process because of the need to read
basic English texts? As I said, bugzilla, easy hacks, LibOCon, this
project list, ...
When I see what is discussed on the german discuss list (reworking of
the download page) where the non-german speaking community is not aware
of and can not take part in the discussion, and probably similar things
going on on other language mailing lists, I believe we already lose so
much by not using the same language that connects us way to often.

Litmus becomes unusable and getting statistics gets much
harder as you have to aggregate over all the languages.

I'm following the next generation Mozilla is working on. I think we
won't have more than 15/20 languages at the beginning, so that won't
hurt Litmus so much. But we will be able to improve our process and tooling.

That would easily result in more than 1000 testcases that have some
obscure tagging and categorizing in the testcase summary. If I look into
the mozilla litmus I can just guess why they do not use localized
testcases this way. I believe this is a huge trade-off and not worth it.

Litmus is already complicated enough to use, working around the workflow
to get some localization feature into it that is not cleanly integrated
into the application just makes it worse. I fear that through making it
look more complex we will scare more people away than we reach through
the localizations that first have to written. And by the way all those
users of the languages that are not in your estimated 15/20 languages do
not even have the opportunity.

But I agree to disagree here.

Regards,
Michael