Hi Michael,
On 28/05/2011 10:43, Michael Münch wrote:
Hi all,

as the 3.4.0 release is coming very soon I just opened Litmus again this
morning and was a bit shocked that there is more or less nothing in
there.

Although there is some text about Litmus on
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA nobody seems to use it yet.

Yes, I didn't find the time and energy to push the project more. I was also waiting for an answer about admin rights, but never mind, we can go on without.

So some questions,

a) who is testing the RCs? Some work seems still to be done in the wiki
[1],[2], although the amount of testers is pretty low.

RCs are tested within the language groups without reporting on the wiki. So I agree that the track is somewhat lost but, the issues found go to BZ, which is the most important to my eyes.

b) what are we doing with Litmus? Weeks and months pass by and the whole
relase QA process looks like it is getting no momentum at all as opposed
to most of the other parts in the LO community.

Welcome aboard :) We need hands to write the tests, translate them, upload them, manage them, set the test time periods, manage the VCL testool tests, analyze the results, etc., etc. I'm the super admin of Litmus, but I've no super powers to do all the work, so I would be more than happy to share this and work with whom wants to go on with part of what has to be done.

My suggestion is bring Litmus to front. Even if it has some flaws and
tests for just some parts and languages of the product open and announce
it publicly and use it as the only tool to get content in it asap. If
people create an account and see that there is really work going on in
this tool they will stay and contribute more likely than at the moment.

Before that you need to populate it: write the tests in English (or in German but they have to be translated in English because the tests should be the same for all languages and I can help for that), upload the tests on Litmus, set testing periods, announce it and get people to participate.

I could live without an release QA process as described in the wiki,
dump Litmus and just work with the time based releases and blocker bugs
in bugzilla as the release criteria. But one way or the other there
needs to be some direction and decissions.

Well, that will come, but I felt a bit alone on all this, and as said at the beginning of my mail, I found neither the time nor the energy to push everything further. June should be more lighter for me, so if we find a handful of people to work on that, I'm sure I also find the time and motivation ;)

And thanks for shaking me, it's going to help me to put myself in it :)
Kind regards
Sophie